Discover what you can do at IBM.
Startups are exciting. That's why we've never stopped. For over a century IBM has been a company of inventors and innovators. We power the most important industries on the planet--from the biggest banks to telecom to scientific research. Our IT infrastructure portfolio features the legendary Z mainframe, new AI-enabling servers and Gartner-ranked best in class Flash and Software Defined Storage. You may not know it but there's hardly a part of your daily life that isn't touched by an IBM Systems client.
You're a product marketing veteran with a strategic mind ready to form and roll out high-impact strategic initiatives. So, let's talk about what you'll do. At IBM Systems, you'll invent things. A new way to tell a story. A smarter strategy. Better ways of working. You'll be part of a top performing team who has fun, learns from failures and innovates every day. (You don't get to be 105 years old any other way.)
The IBM Systems team has first dibs on just about every cool pilot in the company. We're design thinkers who get to spend time honing new skills. We've changed the way IBM does marketing. Oh yeah, and we make mainframes - the Big Iron beneath the hood of just about everything big anyone's ever done with data- and all the data storage and software that it takes to build the next gen IT infrastructure that can think, learn, predict, and compete in the cognitive era. For most, the future is coming. At IBM Systems, we're already delivering it.
If you like the idea of working on a legendary brand - yes, the one that invented the typewriter, the personal computer, the mainframe, and put a man on the moon - then come create with us and help amplify our voice.
IBM Systems leads in transformation. What we do for our clients, we're doing for ourselves all the time: reinventing, learning what it takes to stay ahead of technological shifts and building what comes next. We're good at change because we've never been afraid of it. If you're the same, join us in our next big reveal.
About Your Role
This role is strategic and reports directly to the Systems CMO. The product marketing manager has a deep understanding of markets and buyers and will create and lead the Systems business unit's overall narrative, link across IBM connecting our story with other parts of IBM, specifically AI, Cloud, Data and Security, lead teams to uncover and capitalize on strategic opportunities and rapidly changing market conditions. This role is a critical fulcrum for the team and will work cross-functionally, unifying and motivating peers across various roles within marketing and stakeholder organizations (e.g. product management, integrated marketing, communications, field marketing, and sales).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct market and customer research to gather data and insight about target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process for the product, including key buyer roles.
- Develop product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonate with the buying audience and produce the source messaging blueprint.
- Define the market opportunity; perform segmentation and targeting exercises that identify the segments with the highest propensity to buy.
- Provide market and buyer insights to drive the development of campaign strategies including demand creation and reputation building.
- Write and socialize the following cross-systems level documents: business unit narrative and key messaging, exec business reviews, communications plan, marketing plan, launch plan, etc.
- Serve as market-facing SME/thought leader and interface with industry analysts as company representative.
- Collaborate with marketing peers and resources to produce relevant content for target buyers.
- Develop the competitive comparison guide for use in positioning against similar offerings from competitors.
- Collaborate with sales enablement and to produce a sales enablement plan.
- Enable sellers and coordinate the development of sales content and activities for direct and indirect sales.
- Assist in product naming by providing market, competitive and customer context.
- Manage launch planning and orchestrate execution of the commercial release of a product.
- Develop customer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use, or assist a formalized customer marketing function in doing so.
- Drive product retention and upsell/cross-sell strategies or assist a formalized customer marketing function in doing so.
- Conduct win/loss interviews and perform ongoing analysis to determine the level of customer product adoption and provide feedback to the product team.
- Monitor and report on the performance of products in the market and communicate the results of related sales and marketing efforts.
This role is located in IBM offices in Austin, TX.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.