Senior Product Strategy Manager – Customer Success
Oracle is seeking an experienced customer success product manager to work on the next generation of cloud-based data-driven applications. These applications will use the aggregated data from Oracle's data cloud, social media and other sources to drive automated outcomes in a number of horizontal and vertical applications. This is an exciting emerging venture for Oracle.
As a member of the customer success organization, you will be well-versed with our product and technology to ensure our customers' successful adoption so that they derive as much value as possible from their investments in data-driven applications. As a key point of contact for early adopter customers, you will act as an advocate and liaison between implementation teams and Oracle's internal operations and development organizations. The early adopter program will start small with 5-10 initial customers and then grow the initial base to a minimum of 50 customers over the next few years. This will be a very hands-on role to ensure that our first customers are not only successful but also referenceable.
This position broadly focused on three main areas:
(1) Act as the customer advocate for our early adopter customers. Not only will you be required to deliver clear and articulate presentations to secure early customers but also handle any customer concerns and issues. It will also require that you manage each customer to share best practices, ensure they stay focused and on track, and help set their marketing advocacy program about our products.
(2) On-boarding for early implementations. You will design early customer implementation strategies with engineering and drive them to success. You will be the "go between" for engineering, products and the customer as you sort through the details of early implementations. You will work with customers' engineering teams, Oracle engineering and Oracle Client Advisors to resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently and manage all incident escalations to product development
(3) Provide Service Delivery Insight. You will also be required to provide feedback to both inbound and outbound PM about themes, trends and key issues that come up during the course of your engagements.
You will also be responsible for creating and defining best practice documentation and on demand training modules. On occasion, you will assist with demo creation and proof of concept design / execution.
Our Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record of at least 5-8 years of product management, sales consulting or global services experience in enterprise SaaS or analytics. They must possess a high degree of technical expertise to fully understand (and predict) issues that may arise and be able to identify corrective actions quickly. The role also requires an energetic personality with strong communication skills to work across various stakeholders.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Enterprise SaaS domain experience
• Cloud and SaaS business model experience and understanding
• Extremely strong verbal communication skills and ability to present ideas in a concise and articulate fashion.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to understand customer goals and align with their implementations.
• Ability to build relationships and collaborate successfully outside of authority while leveraging Oracle expertise and resources.
• Work in an environment with a significant number of unknowns - both technically and functionally. Inherent in such a new venture
• Work globally in a geographically dispersed team.
• Self-starter, motivated and ambitious.
• Looking to grow in a fast moving organization, never uttering the words "we can't do that".
• Education & Experience: MBA, Product Management, Sale Consulting, Sales Engineering, Global Services, Customer Support.
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.