Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Power Systems Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Seymour, Indiana for a Senior Product Validation Engineer. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Skills and Experience Required: Skills
- Applies specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices across various areas and projects in the design, development, analysis and release of products and subsystems through the product life cycle.
- Creates design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, product life, manufacture, assembly and service.
- Verifies design using analysis and or functional testing, interprets results, drives decisions and assesses risk.
- Works with other engineering disciplines and cross-functional disciplines to resolve product issues.
- Evaluates customer needs and aligns requirements with identified customer expectations.
- Applies technical expertise on complex components or projects with minimal supervision.
- Leads small projects or portions of large projects.
- Provides technical direction for a project or a project team.
- Participates as a key contributor and is accountable for project success.
- Influences at department or program management level.
- Provides input on program-related decisions.
- Proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineering discipline(s) and leverages expertise on other projects.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and recommends appropriate actions.
- Assists with the transfer of knowledge; coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
- Possesses depth of knowledge regarding power cylinder, crank, rod and gear components.
Project Management - Has a good understanding of and effectively applies project management techniques in low to moderately complex projects.
Cross-Functional Design Review - Able to carry out and coordinate a cross-functional design review at an advanced level and in a wide range of work situations without guidance. Able to train and coach others in developing and applying cross-functional design review on a limited basis. Not able to teach everyone throughout an organization on cross-functional design review; not considered the person to contact as the expert on this skill.
Integrated Design Failure Mode And Effects Analysis (IDFMEA) - Able to review/ update existing or create new Integrated Design Failure Mode And Effects Analysis (iDFMEA), understanding the logical relationships of the information, areas of risk and how to mitigate risk for the product. Able to lead a cross-functional team through the all aspects of the iDFMEA: boundary diagram, functional analysis, P-diagram, and the DFMEA with the help of a specialist if needed.
7 Step Product Problem Solving Process - User proficiency level plus, has extensive experience applying the 7-step problem solving process. Is able to lead teams through the process of solving complex or critical problems. Has demonstrated the ability to apply the 7-step process successfully to a broad range of problems. Is able to mentor and coach less experienced people in understanding and applying the process steps.
Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) - Develops and executes a complex Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R). Compiles, integrates, and plans required verification and validation tasks for several components/subsystems. Uses the tools required to manage complex verification plans, including entire systems, multiple test locations, and several cross-functional teams. Identifies verification/validation needs and establishes a plan to balance risks across the system. Experience
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- 5 relevant years in Design or Validation
• Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree) in Engineering required Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.