Grow with us as a Senior Production Supervisor in one of our state-of-the-art facilities! You will need to be detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities. Engage with us as you collaborate with many diverse people and perspectives. Lead with us using flexible leadership and communication skills, as you will oversee the daily activity and development of our operators while innovating with us as you identify opportunities to more efficiently produce great food at a low cost. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your leadership and ensure we're meeting our standards for safety, food safety, quality, people development, service, and cost. Be a part of the united values and collaborative culture at Kellogg! WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Plant Operations Supervisor at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Directing all activities for your assigned production lines on a shift in accordance with goals, product standards, costs, budgets, manpower and established procedures
- Consistently driving Continuous Improvement activity throughout the facility
- Managing plant projects that drive and facilitate change and communicating strategic vision to employees, motivating them to work toward common plans and objectives
- Identifying opportunities to eliminate cost and/or waste through applying LEAN manufacturing principals
- Incorporating a culture of inclusion and continuity within all departments
- Identifying, developing and implementing best practices in safety and quality
- Providing direction and guidance to operators and their activities for assigned area/shift
- Using problem solving skills and root cause analysis to resolve and/or mitigate operational issues
- Acting as a liaison between the department and other departments, or business units, in the organization
- Performing schedule adherence monitoring and make necessary adjustments due to downtime, inventory, demand, and projection fluctuations
- Managing unplanned downtime through proper equipment operation and preventative maintenance
- Conducting training on best practices for operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting equipment
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- High School Diploma or GED with substantial related proven leadership and supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing safety and/or quality programs & processes
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing requests while maintaining a culture of accountability and execution
- BS/BA and significant related experience
- Experience working in an engineering related role
- Demonstrated experience leading Continuous Improvement events, and managing projects and timelines
- Experience in the Food & Beverage industry
- The ability to drive LEAN manufacturing events, and manage LEAN project initiatives
Must be able to work on multiple shifts (including weekends) with some 12 hour days
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish