Do you want to be part of the team building the Cloud platform for Microsoft? Are you passionate about cloud computing, large scale distributed systems engineering problems and working on bleeding edge technology at massive scale? Are you looking to grow your career in a product having an explosive growth? The Microsoft Azure Compute Manager team builds and manages the software infrastructure underpinning the Azure IaaS and PaaS Compute offerings (Azure Cloud Services and Azure Virtual Machines). These capabilities form both our public Azure compute platform, as well as the foundation of service offerings across Microsoft. Be part of a strategic team, with Microsoft-wide impact, while helping us take on competitors such as Amazon Web Services and Google Compute Platform.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to manage large cross-team initiatives encompassing the Azure application lifecycle, app availability and reliability, and platform scale and reliability. The role will be central to key Cloud & Enterprise division initiatives on customer experience/availability and platform competitiveness, and you’ll be part of the team building a services platform with scale and availability targets that don’t exist in the industry today. To succeed in this role, you should have strong technical and analytical skills, excellent cross-group collaboration skills, and a passion for customers. You should also have a strong track record of delivery in a services environment. Finally, we're looking for team players with a can-do approach.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with customers and partner teams to identify scenarios and establish priorities
- Lead product planning for E2E scenarios
- Define KPIs and establish and execute on plans for improving those KPIs
- Partner with the development team on scenario design, product trade-offs, incremental delivery
- Drive cross team technical issues and customer experiences
- Prepare and deliver high-quality executive reviews
- Present to customers, and use customer and partner feedback to continuously improve the product
- 5+ years of Program or Product Management OR engineering experience
- Experience shipping products/services (as a Product Manager or Technical Program Manager)
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to lead and motivate a high-energy team
- Strong technical background and solid foundation in software engineering principles
- Hands-on coding experience
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- BA/BS or MS degree in computer science, engineering or related disciplines
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.