Senior Program Manager
Microsoft Teams is a chat-based workspace in Office 365. It is an entirely new experience that brings together conversations, content, and the tools teams need to collaborate and achieve more together. We believe it will transform the way people work and help teams be more open, productive, and fun. We are looking for a talented program manager to lead efforts focused on rooms and next-generation device experiences. We need to address long-standing pain points for when people try to use existing meeting solutions. You will also need to reinvent communication and collaboration experiences working with key partners in Windows, Hololens, and Devices to take advantage of innovations in hardware and augmented reality.
• Contribute to vision, strategy, and roadmap for rooms experience and next generation device experiences.
• Drive feature specification and project management to deliver against the roadmap for your area on time and with high quality.
• Work with key internal and external partners to gather feedback, manage dependencies, and ensure customer success.
• Regularly present new product plans, demos, competitive reviews, and more to the leadership team
• Contribute to the overall product strategy and roadmap, as well as stay in sync with end-user features and service infrastructure
• Track all defined deliverables from conception through launch, leveraging established processes, tools, and communications mechanisms
• 3+ years of program management experience delivering end-user facing products and services
• Ability to wear many hats and learn quickly, and the temperament to lead a change in direction when needed
• Think creatively and critically about product features, architecture, and capabilities
• Innate curiosity and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly-changing startup environment
• Strong project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills
Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
• Extensive knowledge and experience building products in the following areas: Windows, phone hardware, conference room systems, communications products, collaboration products.
• Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies, service operations at scale, and general ability to ramp up and go deep in new technical areas
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field (preferred)
Our team is a little different. We practice what we preach about our product. We candidly and openly exchange ideas with no hard feelings, we adapt quickly and with fierce commitment, we have each other's backs, we put the product as our top priority and we listen to learn and with respect. We work hard, play hard, and have a lot of fun. If that sounds like a good fit, please let us know!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.