Ever wonder what it feels to be part of a team that builds the coolest computers, come and find out! The Surface Team is working to build category defining and market leading devices, devices that transform what the PC is and take computing and productivity to a whole new level. Building a device that leads the market is not an easy task, it requires rigorous engineering work and significant creativity both in design and problem solving. Across all different parts of the product cycle the Surface team is always engaged on the most challenging engineering problems across all engineering disciplines, Hardware, Software, mechanical, manufacturing, logistics. We are always defining the edge of technology, and pushing it forward.
Commercial enablement team is working to unblock large volume deals to enterprise, and we are seeking experienced, savvy and versatile Program Managers with proven track record through several product cycles. You will be responsible for meeting with customers, getting a solid technical understanding of their businesses, analyzing the requirements and helping with all aspects of enabling them to make a large device purchase. You will be heading off problems by working directly with customers, sales, marketing to get the right solutions tested and implemented. There will be a large communication component to the job - both internal and external - around educating sales and support teams on known product issues and fixes, online and in-person trainings, producing original content. You will work with internal / external partner teams, product management, architects, development, quality assurance, and user experience teams to align objectives, create functional specifications, implement a plan, measure results, communicate learnings, and ultimately deliver a high-quality product.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in managing software development projects, or related/similar experience
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- Broad technical understanding of mobile PC hardware / system design, Windows architecture
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently while dealing with ambiguous data points and situations, with strong positive attitude
- Ability to analyze and distill complex customer requirements to define the right priorities
- Strong cross-group collaboration with focus on solving complex problems
- Ability to organize and present program reviews/status to engineering, business leaders, and senior management
- Domestic and international travel required
- Candidates with background in Windows deployment / Security/ Enterprise management tools and related technologies will be stronger fit for the role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.