Are you a strong technical PM looking to make an impact? In this role you will have the opportunity to drive the future secure computing architecture used for Windows devices. The battle lines in digital security over the last decade have largely taken place at the level of the operating system and common applications such as the browser. All along an existential danger has been lurking, hidden from the spotlight of common exploit techniques, vendor security updates, and malware detection / remediation products. Our devices today are based upon a HW architecture that did not prioritize security, and they have millions of lines of vulnerable firmware code that run before and beneath the operating system.
In our team, we drive leading edge investments between Windows and our silicon and firmware partners to make hardware rooted security a flagship feature of Windows devices. We created and implemented the hardware and software security design for Xbox One and have since been applying similar principles to evolve the architecture for PCs and other Windows devices.
We are looking for a PM who can help set the direction for HW security in Windows and work across teams and with our partners to land security features that will make Windows more secure. This is a high profile role with plenty of opportunity to showcase your capabilities both inside and outside the company. You should be a highly capable and technical PM with demonstrated success driving cross-team product engineering efforts. Familiarity with operating system concepts and Windows architecture is strongly recommended.
● 5+ years working as a technical program manager or other engineering discipline.
● Defining, driving, and shipping software products or services
● Excellent cross group collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to lead virtual teams to deliver on product milestones
● Excellent written and verbal communication ability
● Great problem solving skills, high intellectual horsepower, and strong focus on details
● Product engineering experience working on OS components, security features, or hardware/firmware technologies strongly preferred
● BA/BS or advanced degree in computer science or engineering strongly preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.