Organization Summary: To delight customers in a Cloud First world, Microsoft delivers highly available online services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality lighting up on a regular basis. Quality of service (QoS) is paramount as we continue to make deep investment in Microsoft Azure and its expanding customer base who rely on our services to run their diverse businesses. Availability, reliability, and performance are all key differentiators that customers demand and expect in cloud services when choosing a provider.
Position Description: The CME team’s charter focuses on mitigating any crises, any time, from anywhere proactively across Microsoft and minimizing impact of any situation that has the potential to affect our customers directly, or their confidence in Microsoft’s ability to manage infrastructure at scale. We accomplish this through a union of international crisis management best practices, our engineering approach to solving operational challenges, and our state of the art customer facing engineering facility. We are building products that enable novel perspectives of Azure live site reliability across regions leveraging real time signals.
In this role, you are driving the data requirements for these products and work with service teams across Microsoft to define service health signals and enable their data discovery. You collaborate with the data insights team to identify unique opportunities to collect new data and strategize new uses. To deliver the product you are working with our engineering teams. If bringing order out of chaos and operating in a highly visible hyper-matrixed environment sounds like what you want to do, then we are the team for you. At Azure, we can offer you a strong team, exciting challenges, and a fun place to work. The work environment empowers you to have a real impact on millions of end users. This is also a unique opportunity to work with world-class engineers.
Apply now for this unique green field opportunity!
- Drive solutions to complex problems.
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines including engineering and PM.
- Design pioneering processes, software, and programs within Azure Cloud.
- Develop written content to define and influence direction.
- Define and communicate requirements and work with engineering on implementation in an agile environment.
- Use data to derive insights to measure and improve services, Scenario focused design & development.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or relevant field
• At least 5 years of experience as a Program Manager.
• Strong communication, prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
• Strong collaboration and cross-teaming skills.
• Persistence and a track record of completion.
• Technical depth in at least one software engineering discipline.
• Comfortable with complexity and ambiguity.
• Experience delivering services using agile methodologies.
• Great design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence.
• Experience in UX design, Experience facilitating user studies.
You will be required to pass Microsoft background checks prior to the start of employment and periodically thereafter. Further details regarding this process will be provided in follow up correspondence.? AZSRE
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.