Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s mobile-first, cloud-first vision. Azure differentiates itself as the only hyper-scale, enterprise-grade cloud that has a true hybrid story. Customers and analysts recognize Azure’s tremendous momentum which continues month over month. The Azure Cloud Expansion team is responsible for Microsoft’s global cloud presence. To help customers achieve their goals, Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any cloud provider.
Our team works closely with customers across the globe to understand their applications, architecture and help them achieve their requirements. We work across Microsoft to design, build, and launch new Azure regions using the latest data center technology. We partner with product teams to customize offerings for specific markets and customers. We ensure that our infrastructure is resilient to different types of disasters. We obsess over every aspect of building new regions and data centers so our customers can focus on building differentiated applications for their business.
To succeed in this role, you must be a driver and help shape the direction as well as the deliverables for our global presence. More specifically:
- Develop a deep understanding of how customers use the compute, storage, database, and networking services to architect their applications.
- You will master working across boundaries, negotiating, and managing conflict.
- Manage a complex and ambiguous project, with executive visibility and many critical dependencies.
- Drive rhythm of business activities within the team and across the org to ensure end-to-end success of expansion initiatives.
- Work with top engineers across the division to translate the overall availability model into releases packed with customer value.
- Drive the designs that determine the quality of service to our customers, and that will become the competitive benchmark for the cloud industry.
Basic Qualifications for this position: Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• 5+ years’ experience in the financial industry OR as a program manager, product manager or software engineer
• BS or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related field (MBA preferred but not required)
• Demonstrated customer focus and end-to-end thinking across teams and experiences
• Highly effective communication and collaboration across teams
• Track record of high-quality, self-directed, timely execution, and attention to detail
• Technical expertise and ability to communicate, work & build trust with technical teams
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.