When you use enterprise software do you catch yourself wondering why the end user experience is not better? Why does a simple task take multiple steps instead of being as easy to use as other consumer software out there? Can you see yourself helping design and develop solutions that are easy to use for enterprise customers all around the world that balances the needs of IT personnel that need to secure the enterprise and end users who want software that just works?
This job within the Identity division at Microsoft could be the one for you. The Identity Division is responsible for helping organizations securely connect across their on-premises and cloud resources with a consistent fabric of identities, credentials, roles and access rights - authentication, authorization, single sign-on, partner collaboration and identity driven security – through the Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) service. Azure AD processes over 1 billion authentications each day and supports 90% of the Fortune 500 organizations.
We’re looking for a Senior Program Manager to help us re-think and design a world class access request management system that will enable companies of all sizes to easily manage and secure access to resources – the user experiences will be intuitive, easy to use and save users’ time. In this role, you will work with other team members and customers directly to identify and document required scenarios, define customer success criteria, design the user experiences and measure customer usage. You will use customer usage data to inform new features over time. As a Senior Program Manager, you will be expected to work across teams to enable end to end solutions that addresses customer needs.
• Passion for engaging directly with customers to understand their needs and then designing easy to use solutions for them.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with a bias for using data to drive product decisions.
• Ability to develop product plans that span multiple releases and incrementally release features.
• Demonstrated success in working collaboratively across teams to deliver results.
• Strong written and oral communication skills - specification documents, wireframes, demos, presentations, videos, etc.
• Ability to learn a new space and technology in a short period of time.
• 5+ years in technical program management or product management in software or cloud service companies.
• 5+ years of experience in the development, design or deployment of enterprise identity management, GRC or other management products or services.
• 3+ years directly working with customers to understand their processes, customer requirements, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related field.
• Approximately 4 weeks per year traveling to engage customers and partners around the world.
• 5+ years in technical program management or product management.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.