Engaging with the right resources at the right time to solve real world problems is one of the most critical components to the success of our company. This is the era of the new Microsoft; a Microsoft that listens to developers, strives to go where they are, and truly walk in their shoes.
Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) is at the heart of this cultural transformation. Be part of transforming how Microsoft engages with developers! CSE’s WPM (Worldwide PM) organization is the inbound planning team chartered with aligning C+E Engineering, Marketing and G+E on priorities, developer engagements and product feedback.
Our organization works on “code with” depth engagements across Global ISVs, Digital Win Room (DWR) and our Ascend programs.
1. Ascend: A set of proactive depth “code with” engagements with ISVs and customers building their real-world solutions on our platform focused on a set of priority technology scenarios.
2. Global ISV: We are the technical resources assigned to our Global ISV partners.
3. Digital Win Room: We are the set of developers; resources to develop and grow digital deals. We partner with the CAT and GBB orgs to support sellers and their customers to overcome their deal blockers by listening, learning, and engaging our technical resources to support and unblock whatever hurdles you the customer faces.
We’re looking for an engineering Program Manager who will be on point for owning and driving process and feedback against App and Infrastructure C+E priority. In this role you are expected to own inbound planning and feedback to the C+E Engineering and Ecosystems team on a monthly basis through vehicles such as whitepaper contributions, exec review meetings and planning sessions.
This role will require the skills of a typical engineering Program Manager: owning and driving working groups, enumerating work items, ownership, milestones and timetables, driving operational model and status reporting, and working to continuously improve operational cross team collaboration and results.
We are seeking a candidate with the following characteristics:
• Passion about technology and willing to getting your hands dirty, working with a large group of stakeholders across Engineering and field teams
• Good decision-making skills, conflict resolution, and follow through
• You are data driven and want to get data to help you really understand where our progress and issues, and exactly what will have the biggest impact next.
• You’re great at fleshing out the details, capturing them and making sure everyone knows what the priorities are and what needs to get done.
• You excel at working with other teams and getting agreement on timelines and schedule.
• It will be exceedingly important to understand the software developer audience.
• You don’t need to be an active software developer, but having experience with coding and technology implementations is critical to this role this role.
• A program manager with experience driving developer platform or service offerings would be ideal.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Minimum of 5 years in Program Management or Software Development, which may include working with application development practices or experience working closely with large development teams.
• Demonstrate a sense of commitment to end-to-end product or service quality, completeness and the resulting user experience for the life of products and services.
• An understanding of cloud computing technologies, and emerging trends
• BS/BA degree or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.