Senior Program Manager
Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the team behind one of the world’s largest cloud infrastructures responsible for powering all Microsoft products and services as well as powering Microsoft’s “cloud first” mission. Capacity Management within MCIO is a dynamic team working with customers across the globe in delivering to the promise of the Microsoft cloud. A solid and predictable capacity experience for customers on engaging with Microsoft, and optimizing to protect capacity for high priority customer workloads is key to customer satisfaction and long-term customer retention. The Customer Capacity Experience team within Capacity Management is focused on designing and implementing frameworks, processes and systems to engage proactively with cloud capacity customers, manage cloud capacity risks, deliver cloud capacity optimizations and analytics for external and internal customers to reliably fulfill customer needs and measurably improve customer experiences across all touch points.
We are looking for a seasoned, passionate strategic leader, a Senior Program Manager to lead the Capacity Optimization Management aspects for the expanding arsenal of Azure resources that already includes Compute, SQL and Storage. As the Senior PM, you will work directly with customers to optimize their Azure resource usage, partner with engineering, infrastructure, marketing, field and customers to drive capacity optimization across Azure datacenters worldwide to ensure best customer experience in consuming Azure resources. Your ability to discuss the problem space at great technical depth and explore potential solutions with teams you interface with, and maintain trusted relationships with these engineering partners, is essential for your success. Working with engineering counterparts in building the systems we need for decision making, developing customer and region-specific levers and supporting processes to aid in managing the increasing customer demand, working with customers in an advisory role and helping them optimize, helping build high fidelity analytics that help in faster and accurate decision making, are all major aspects of this role.
• 7+ years of technical and business experience in the following or related areas: capacity demand optimization, optimization execution, program management, customer and partner communications, efficiency improvement guidance for customers, and cloud capacity management
• BA/BS degree required in engineering or related IT/technical field
• Deep understanding of cloud services, usage scenarios and implementations
• Experience working in or with cloud engineering teams preferred
• Strong program management experience and proven track record of delivering high quality work on time
• An attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results
• Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts
• Demonstrated ability to engage with customers and partners to understand their business needs and priorities
• Display a strong improvement orientation that continually looks at how to improve processes and work approaches
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com