Senior Program Manager
The ICE (Information & Content Experiences) within Windows Engagement strives to create best-in-class content experiences for our users that drive engagement, conversion, audience growth, and other key initiatives for Windows and Microsoft.
As a Senior PM, you will own these responsibilities in close collaboration with media and engineering teams. We’re looking for a systems-thinking-generalizing-specialist who doesn’t mind wearing a lot of hats. We want someone who can dive deep on technical issues, translate editorial requests into engineering solutions, analyze customer data and make sure nothing falls through the cracks. This job is part consultant, part PM, part web developer, with a generous sprinkle of whatever else you can bring to the table. Join us to make users in the United States love Windows and our growing content experiences.
• Own the local product; be the voice of the user in the US
• Be a keen student of local trends and competition; identify opportunities to continually enhance product value as seen by users, partners and the business
• Make data-driven decisions by analyzing how users are engaging with our in-market services to inform future improvements
• Recommend and drive product improvements in the form of clear and targeted UX, feature and content requirements relevant to the local market, building specs to help drive dev work
• Work with Editorial, the local Executive Producer (EP), and business development to acquire and program content relevant to the local market; drive clarity on projects to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Work with product teams to develop locally relevant services and features, and to help with product deployments to the market including market acceptance testing
• Ensure product works as expected across platforms and form factors with high quality, and drive resolution of live site issues and other user-impacting issues
• Drive audience and engagement growth through experiments (A/B flights) and ideation
• Evolve strategies to grow audience, engagement and revenue
• Bring strong thought leadership to the table to influence media and engineering decisions, and help drive operational processes to make teams more efficient
• Understand overall Windows strategy and drive this forward in the local market
Program Management Duties:
• Document requirements for features, product requests, or technical specifications.
• Track and communicate feature requirements and priorities as part of a roadmap, backlog, or project plan.
• Communicate to relevant parties the status of high-impact features and other significant issues.
• Provide and respond to feedback from managers, peers, subordinates and customers.
• Incorporate security, performance, and reliability in designs for major product and subsystems appropriately.
• Develop effective customer/partner feedback loops, listen to feedback, understand its implications, and translate feedback into better features and products.
• Perform data analysis to generate engagement insights, and drive experimentation to deliver results against those insights
• Autonomous and able to deal with ambiguity
Experience and Qualifications:
• 5+ years of experience as a Program or Product manager
• 3+ years’ recent experience leading a product team for a consumer-facing product.
• Comprehensive understanding and practice of software development methodologies, preferably agile
• Management of multiple complex projects with tight deadlines
• Computer science / Software engineering or business-related BA/BSc degree or equivalent
• Structured thinking and experience with data-driven analysis
• Experience with modern web applications and corresponding technologies / methodologies (JS, JQuery, C#, ASP.NET, HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, JSON)
• Experience with complex, multi-tiered applications
• Experience with web analysis tools, both internal and 3rd party
• Regularly use and has interest in latest web-based services in multiple platforms such as PCs, Tablets and Smartphones.
• Experience with localization (or internationalization) of products
Special Requirements - Additional Information:
• Some business travel may be required.
• Commitment to Microsoft’s business values.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.