The Azure Storage team delivers Object Storage, Azure Disks, Azure Files, Big Data, and Hybrid Storage to enable developers to build scalable, durable, and highly available cloud applications. The Storage PM team is looking for a Senior Program Manager with strong customer focus and experience with data-driven decision making to join the Availability and Supportability PM team. This team is focused on ensuring the Azure Storage platform provides an industry leading availability and supportability experience for our customers. Strong engineering background and understanding of distributed systems are a must to help drive product decisions and help customers design resilient applications. Proven capability of using data to solve high impact business problems is also desired.
• Work closely with engineering teams in Storage and across Azure to measure, understand and improve availability of the Azure Storage stack through data insights and product improvements
• Drive semester planning and delivery of end-to-end scenarios impacting availability and supportability of Azure Storage, by working with component engineering teams and partner teams while ensuring deliverables align with our SLA promise
• Collaborate with customers to help them build solutions that are highly available.
• Ensure customer design and platform readiness for high-priority customer events or peak load season
• Identify and drive solutions required to reduce customer effort and support cost in using Azure Storage.
• Work with service owners to identify product and documentation improvements needed to help address top customer concerns
• Effectively communicate health of the Storage system through reports and presentations on a regular basis
• 5+ years of relevant PM experience, preferable in an online service
• BA degree
• MS degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with large-scale distributed systems is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.