The Azure Site Reliability Engineering Team (SRE) is growing to further delight Microsoft’s customers in a Cloud First world by delivering highly available online services and cutting-edge features with innovative functionality. We are looking for a passionate Sr. Program Manager with experience in managing work streams that span a globally distributed organization across a diverse technology landscape.
Do you enjoy driving large scale technical solutions with direct impact to Quality of Service? Are you enthusiastic about solving complex business problems that influence availability, reliability, performance, and other key differentiators that customers expect from today’s cloud services providers? Our ideal candidate has a voracious appetite for learning and collaboration with a mindset for making the impossible possible. Everything else is learnable.
Our Sr. Program Managers possess leadership skills, technical expertise and aptitude. They have hands-on project management experience and enjoy deeply understanding customer requirements, writing technical specs, creating roadmaps, and tracking progress, with easy to consume KPIs and metrics, against the project schedule throughout the entire product lifecycle. They are excited about sharing their knowledge with others and collaborating across all of Microsoft. In this role, you analyze critical data with the purpose of spotting trends, discovering existing and potential problems, and uncovering new opportunities to avoid and resolve system failures.
Responsibilities: As part of the team that advances the operational abilities of the cloud through engineering, so the people of the world can trust the cloud, your responsibilities include:
• Create informative and interactive data visualizations/models with Power BI
• Write relational and multidimensional database queries, flows and movements
• Develop data and analytics solutions using Microsoft SQL and Azure platforms
• Define simple repeatable systems solutions for complex problems that can impact availability and reliability, applying a structured methodology and project management approach
• Design pioneering processes, software, and programs within Azure Cloud that have measurable impact
• Develop collaborative partnerships across multiple disciplines including engineering, UX design, PM and negotiate conflicting priorities
• Drive the implementation and delivery of processes, software, and programs
• Effectively measure and communicate progress and risks throughout the project lifecycle and influence the adoption of change
• Use scenario focused design & development methodologies to define requirements that produce the best partner or customer experience
• Continually use data to derive insights to measure and improve services and programs
• Be a learner and dream big
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or 5+ years’ experience as a Program Manager.
• 5+ years of experience in a program management role
• Passion for data and conveying analytical information
• Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong knowledge of relational, SQL, and dimensional databases
• Technical depth in at least one software engineering discipline
• Experience in identifying, defining, sizing, and prioritizing work streams and items
• Experience in planning, managing scope and timelines realistically
• Experience in creating roadmaps, status updates, documentation, and presentations
• Strong collaboration skills and the ability to lead across multiple teams without authority
• Excellent communication skills across a massively diverse audience
• Persistence and a track record of completion
• Comfortable with complexity and ability to operate and thrive with ambiguity and partial information
• Experience delivering services using agile methodologies
• Software development background as an engineer
• Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig Latin, Cosmos SQL)
You will be required to pass Microsoft background checks prior to the start of employment and periodically thereafter. Further details regarding this process will be provided in follow up correspondence.
*Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
*Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.