Senior Program Manager - Shared Services
Innovate. Boldly lead. Impact millions. The Core Services Engineering group is leading the company’s Digital Transformation journey. We see across the entire company - building scalable, end-to-end cloud services for our future business needs. Core Services Engineering (CSE) delivers the services, applications, and websites that every Microsoft employee uses in some part of their work - benefits, expenses, time & absence reporting, to name a few… as well as services that power business processes across Microsoft. We are the first to use our own technology at enterprise scale. Our early adopter experiences, as well as best practices, offer an inside view of Microsoft, which helps inform our customers how to make our technology work for them.
Success during this next business revolution lies undeniably within leadership, talent, and culture to make it happen. Ready for this era? Come work in a team where you know your skills will be leveraged to the fullest and some more, where you work in a diverse team with opportunities to grow and have impact across all the latest Microsoft services & technologies. As part of Microsoft’s Digital Transformation, the recently formed Share Services team is investing in building our modern engineering system, processes, and tooling that enable all Microsoft employees to be more productive and deliver on customer value.
Our environment is start up by nature, where we move fast and learn fast. We have an exciting opportunity for a high energy Senior Program Manager who is passionate about defining the optimal means of operating and building the supporting engineering systems and processes as part of this transformation.
This is a highly collaborative role, where you will need to confidently work across the organization with Software Engineering and PM managers at all levels to drive standardization of infrastructure, practices, and tooling that support the delivery of our services and all infrastructure required to manage our new Service Review cadence.
- 5+ years in program management with demonstrated experience releasing services.
- Demonstrated ability in scenario focused design & development focused on business goals into end to end plans (e.g. scenarios, functional specs, schedules, usability, release).
- Passion and demonstrated ability for working cross group and cross organization.
- Ability to build good framework and models for prioritization, planning and execution for large projects in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Experience working in Visual Studio Team Services leveraging many of its capabilities to run large scale development and release processes.
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong technical aptitude with excellent visual and verbal communication skills with ability to influence business and technical decision makers.
- Deep knowledge in all aspects of the software engineering and development lifecycle supporting methodologies & engineering tools.
- Experience building & reviewing quality user scenarios, acceptance criteria for features, and measurement of scenario outcomes.
- Previous knowledge working on telemetry platform such as Azure Application Insights is an advantage Creative and inventive spirit, with a passion for large scale scenarios.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.