Are you passionate about delivering great website experiences that impact millions of users? Are you primarily a PM but also can contribute as a modern web developer?
If so, come join the Visual Studio Team Services product team responsible for visualstudio.com! Our goal is to make a developer’s initial and returning experiences on our website fantastic. We want to guide visitors through the journey of being interested in our services to realizing the value of our services.
We have an amazing opportunity for a talented Senior Program Manager on the visualstudio.com team. This is a high visibility role that requires a lot of partnering across all of the developer division and marketing. We recently rebuilt and redesigned the site and this is an excellent opportunity for a strong leader to take it to the next level.
We are a data-oriented and customer-centric team, we are iterative and run experiments (A/B) to validate the changes we are making are improving our metrics. We get customer feedback early and often and invest in formative user research.
The ideal candidate is someone that is a leader, a relationship builder, design oriented, technical, process minded and has a knack for getting things done.
• Drive alignment across the division and with marketing on strategy and direction
• Work with key stakeholders to drive content and changes in the site
• Report on site health, performance, and analytics on the site – tells great stories with data
• Work with UX designers to design pages that are both highly effective and aesthetically pleasing
• Work with UX researchers on formative research and usability studies to validate and improve the usability of the site
• Run A/B tests to experiment on new designs before deploying more broadly
• Spec requirements for the backend capabilities, content workflow and processes and then drive the implementation
• Partner with marketing to drive up SEO metrics
How we work:
• We ship weekly, we manage work in 3 week sprints
• We are agile. In fact, we build agile tools so we get it
• Our teams are self-managing. We believe in autonomy, mastery, and purpose
• We work in cross-discipline teams - always
• We have a flat organizational chart
If you have read this far, then you should talk to us. There is a whole lot more left to do and we would love to have you join the fun.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.