The “AI Data and Infrastructure” (AIDI) team has a mission of Empowering our customers with modern dev tools, data platforms, and data sets for data movements, data enrichment, ML and AI. As a Product Manager you are responsible for bringing AIDI’s best ideas, innovations, and capabilities to customers through close cooperation with customers, PM team and development team. You must be able to work with both technical teams and business partners to quickly understand requirements and define a successful path for them to follow on the Shared Data platform.
What you will do:
• Work closely with PM and dev teams as well as AI Data and Infrastructure customers to understand the AIDI roadmap and overall goals
• Interpret the business and product needs into a crisp set of requirements and goaled projects to deliver high customer value
• Prepare user stories and translates requirements as input for development teams
• Manage backlog of key product feature requests and customer asks
• Drive engagement of projects with customers supporting quick feedback iterations
Consider yourself a great fit for this role in the Shared Data team if:
• You are a successful principal or strong senior level product leader who will drive the roadmap and feature set for the one of AIDI’s leading products.
• You have a deep understanding of technologies like map-reduce, table stores and stream analytics, platforms and tools like PowerBI and Spark
• You are skilled at competitive analysis, product and UI design, and are an expert in driving features using user stories, customer feedback and measurable exit criteria.
• You are highly data driven and are comfortable with the language of common metrics such as DAU/MAU, sessions, standard and rolling retention, funnels, etc.
• You understand real-time analytics, the Big Data space with a focus on building massively scalable data platforms.
• You are able to work well with remote, globally distributed teams. (The AIDI team is split across Beijing, London and Bellevue)
A great candidate will:
• Shape a number of v1 features, based on customer demand, domain knowledge and product vision
• Create a compelling user experience for the AI Data and Infrastructure product portfolio
• Interact constantly with customers 1:1, conduct brown bags, and engage with them on product support forums
• Strong track record in a program or product management role working on highly scalable data platforms and / or streaming solutions
• Strong track record working closely with senior developers and architects to drive product vision into execution
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• At least 4 years industry experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.