The Universal Store (UST) team enables one of Microsoft’s most business-critical needs: electronic monetization of products and services. UST powers all of Microsoft’s key businesses - Azure, Office 365, XBOX, Bing Ads, Windows Phone, Windows App Store, Enterprise Commerce to name just a few. Whatever business Microsoft is in; monetization will be a critical part. With a global presence in over 240 markets, close to 150 million transactions a day, and billions of dollars in revenue processed each month, UST addresses Microsoft’s most challenging business problems and delivers effective and simplified system solutions. The hundreds of services that power the universal store are mission critical, and need to be resilient in design and in operations. Our customers expect the perception of ‘always-on’ for our services.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Program Manager to drive the transformation of UST support engineering processes. Creating exceptional experiences for our customers and partners through technology and process optimization. This is a high visibility role that involves wearing many hats and working with many different aspects of our business. We digest enormous amounts of data from system and user interactions, and you will be responsible for identifying insights and opportunities into transforming the support engineering experiences. Ability to multi-task across multiple deliverables, leveraging VSO and agile methodologies. Candidates need to be comfortable representing program deliverables and progress to senior leaders. Are you comfortable with taking the ball and running with it? In this role, your program management, technical skills, drive for results, operational excellence and cross-division collaboration will be critical to your success; as you identify trade-offs, work across engineering and service engineering teams, balance tactical and strategic initiatives, drive decisions and work with partners.
What you’ll do:
• Define, start and iterate programs spanning UST.
• Analyze data to gain a deeper understanding of our Engineering support services.
• Partner with business partners to transform support services provided to Commercial customers.
• Engage, define and articulate requirements to our engineering teams as well as to partner engineering organizations.
• Turn data sets into rich visualizations to support our business initiatives.
• Drive design and functional specifications, for engineering teams both, within our org and partner organizations.
What you’ll need:
• A track record of having driven projects and or initiatives in sizeable organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships through passion and influence, collaborating across functional & global teams.
• Excellent communication skills both, in written, presentation and personal interactions
• Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix environment.
• Confidence to be able to operate on all levels in an organization, comfortable to negotiate with developers or present to senior org leaders.
• Experience analyzing data and leveraging visualizations with advanced tools like Excel, PowerBI, Insights, SQL and VSO, Insights.
• A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical discipline.
• 6+ years of experience designing or developing Services, preferably in the e-commerce industry.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.