Senior Program Manager – Public Sector Federal
Microsoft Azure Partner Customer Advisory team (Partner CAT) is seeking a world class Senior Program Manager in Washington DC to work with Partners who in turn work with a select group of Federal Civilian Government customers. At the highest level, the Senior PM is responsible for engaging with both business and IT decision makers at Federal agencies and to understand their mission, challenges, architecture and articulate how Microsoft can enable them to achieve their IT and business goals.
Do you have a passion for building solutions that solve the most challenging customer scenarios, and translating these solutions into measurable engineering impact and product improvement? Do you enjoy working with Microsoft’s Federal customers and partners? Do you have a record of accomplishment employing strong business and architectural skills, orchestrating the envisioning and delivery of innovative solutions that generate and accelerate actual business value? Are you a change agent and leader capable of inspiring change and adoption across a broad base of teams, groups, customers, and communities? If so, this role might be ideal for you.
Position is local to the Washington, DC area with minimal travel (approximately 10%). Security clearance to work on public sector projects is desirable.
This Technical Delivery role will be focused on:
• Engaging with Microsoft’s most important federal partners and our customers to ensure solutions are designed, built, and deployed successfully on Azure
• Enable organizations to realize the true benefit of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS architectures on Azure for high-demand workloads
• Drive engineering relationships across federal customers and partners to fully understand and learn from the customer experience end-to-end on the Azure platform
• Providing architectural guidance for Azure solutions through interaction with technical audiences
• Designing, reviewing, and deploying Azure architectural solutions including:
o On premises to cloud migrations
o SAP on Azure
o IoT/Big Data/Cognitive Services inclusive of Open Source cloud technologies
• Strong knowledge of building both Hybrid and Native cloud solutions with technical skills covering:
• Designing IoT and Advanced Analytics solutions using both Microsoft (e.g. Azure IoT Suite, Cortana Intelligence Suite) and Open-Source (e.g. Apache Kafka, Apache Spark) Technologies.
• Application development on Windows and Linux platforms using latest Patterns, Modern Frameworks, and Technology Stacks (e.g. Microservices, Containerization, CI/CD)
• Broad knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure and Networking along with Advanced Workloads on Microsoft Azure (e.g. SAP)
• Working with Microsoft Azure engineering product teams and field account teams to understand requirements, design, and review solutions, and deploy these into Pilots, Proof of Concept, and Production environments.
The PM is a technical, customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end delivery of these Initiatives on behalf of C+E. This role represents a strong opportunity to have direct impact on both our Cloud products & strategy, and our customer's success.
Success in this role depends on collaboration with generalists and specialists in the Microsoft field and delivery teams (including partners, services, and business development), as well as peer teams in engineering.
• 3+ years of Program or Project or Product Management
• 3+ years of working with Federal clients.
• Technical prowess and passion—especially for Windows Azure, Cloud Application design practices and principles
• Solid solution architecture and development skills
• Be familiar with Cloud, ARM, Open Source, C#/JS/ at a minimum, architectural design patterns, and the agile method(s)
• Presentation experience, public speaking skills and strong communication abilities
Azure CAT embraces diversity and the concept of team. We enjoy great challenges, collaboration and seeing our customers and partners succeed. We have a start-up and challenger mind-set and are deeply passionate about our customers and our architectural standards. We are also a lot of fun!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.