SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER
Do you want to transform how government uses technology? Do you have the cloud experience, business savvy, and an understanding of government requirements that will enable the success of Azure Government? Many agencies have adopted a Cloud First policy for new infrastructure, platform, and software investments. To support this direction Microsoft created Azure Government, a community cloud for U.S. state, local, and federal government agencies.
This investment represents a significant expansion of the Azure business by supporting the unique compliance, security, and operating requirements of the customer: federal and state, local agencies. As a Senior Program Manager (PM) on the Azure Government Engineering team you will be responsible for the enabling the success of Azure Government. You will define security and compliance needs, educate regulators/customers, build partner ecosystems, understand market needs, design services and anything else required to unlock the government market to Azure. This is an opportunity to work across the full spectrum of engineering activities for a Hyper Scale Cloud and win a market.
As a Program Manager in the team, roles and responsibilities include:
• Gather and assess technical requirements for new Government offerings or customers
• Work with Azure service teams to develop services, features, and market-specific solutions
• Provide deep Azure architecture, build, and operations expertise to customers
• Own technical project management of multi-year Azure-related technical projects
• Track progress of all technical work streams against project schedule
• Develop and present recurring status reports to GM and VP level
• Shaping Government regulations and accreditation processes for commercial cloud services
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a technical Program/Project Manager
• Minimum 3 years of software development or infrastructure management experience
• Prior experience in US Department of Defense, Federal Civilian/Homeland Security, and/or State & Local Government
• NIST/CJIS/FedRAMP/DoD SRG Compliance experience with Cloud Services
• Willing to obtain a US Government Top Secret Security Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) if needed.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience building Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services solutions
• Exceptional communication skills are expected
• Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment
• Self-managing leader who takes initiative
• 20% travel will be required
Applicant must be a US citizen. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.