Senior Program Manager
The Microsoft Intune team has the strategic priority of enabling enterprises to manage the ever-increasing usage of mobile devices in the workplace. Intune is a cloud-based enterprise service that gives IT professionals the solution they need to enable their users to be productive on the devices they love – whether corporate or personal - helping ensure corporate assets are secure while giving users’ the confidence that their personal data stays personal and private. Intune is a multi-platform solution (Windows, iOS, and Android), and integrates with some of the key online services at Microsoft – including O365, AAD, and Azure. The opportunity to help our customers and be seen as the key leader in the multi-billion-dollar enterprise mobility management market is huge – and critical for Microsoft. The investment and attention from Microsoft’s top leaders to Enterprise Mobility can’t be overstated.
Microsoft Intune Service Engineering team is looking for a Sr. Program Manager to help set vision, drive the deployment and execution of new device and PC management technologies at Microsoft, evaluate results, and adjust as necessary. This role requires someone who is comfortable and able to effectively function in areas of high ambiguity and with no set playbook provided. You’ll need to execute on short term opportunities while building out a long-term strategy for key initiatives within Microsoft Intune and other partner teams. The PM in this role must also have a strong technical aptitude and curiosity to help ensure we can identify and mitigate risks that are introduced with technology change, especially pre-release code and multiple overlapping projects.
1. Vision & Strategy Delivery/Execution: Work collaboratively with the business, product/service group engineering, and other partners to develop strategies and execution plans. Responsible for clearly conveying priorities aligned to the solution vision. Build trust by demonstrating a high level of credibility and reliability with stakeholders/customers through the delivery of quality solutions/services that deliver business value. Manage and oversee the successful delivery of complex projects requiring the creation of project plans that incorporate input and feedback from engineering, operations, product groups, and customers. The scope of services encompasses all regions (i.e. NA, LATAM, EMEA, Japan and APGC) where Microsoft does business.
2. Brokering Business Solutions: Identify opportunities to leverage Microsoft Intune products/services to provide value to Microsoft users while creating showcase scenarios. These implementations must meet the immediate needs of the business, while also aligning to the Microsoft Intune strategy. Will work closely with Redmond based PG and MSIT teams to identify these solutions and find opportunities for partnership.
3. Scoping/Estimation: Accountable for driving accurate estimates of scope, schedule, resources, assumptions, and risk for all deployments and project work.
4. Stakeholder/Partner Management: Drive the rhythm of the business around service requests, as well as monthly/quarterly and strategic business reviews. Work closely with internal partners (e.g. Engineering) on developing and managing services provided to customers (internal and external).
5. Removing Obstacles: Demonstrate leadership by removing obstacles to progress and create clarity and consensus to lead decisions across MSIT, business teams, product groups, project stakeholders and external customers.
6. Managing Risk: Lead risk management activities (tracking/reporting) for the solutions and services we provide to internal and external customers/partners. Ensure short and long-term fixes are compliant with the delivery frameworks and security/privacy policies.
7. Communication & Feedback Loops: Collaborate with customers and partners to proactively collect feedback and drive positive changes in our business solutions/services. Apply lessons learned/best practices and post-mortem feedback to ensure continuous improvements for future projects.
• 3+ years of related experience with Microsoft technology and project/program management
• BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering, or business (MBA/MS a plus)
• PMP/ITIL/MOF are pluses
• Self-starter with excellent collaboration skills
• Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to successfully present to various audiences
• Experience in service management, including a track record of developing and running Strategic Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews and Monthly Business Reviews.
• A proven track record of setting vision, building and maintaining relationships, working across groups and helping great teams become even better.
• Demonstrate a strong customer service orientation, and take responsibility to ensure the customer’s voice is represented
• Skilled in managing and creating high level strategies as well as experience with Windows Server and System Center products (e.g. administration, implementing, maintaining/operating) is a huge plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.