Would you like to have a critical role in the Strategy and Ecosystem (S&E) team? Are you passionate about enabling partners to deliver great Windows experiences? If you are, the Strategy and Ecosystem team in WDG is interested in speaking with you about a critical engineering position responsible for planning, execution and program management to successfully land our new driver model, working directly with T1 OEM partners.
This position requires the use of your partner knowledge and device experience with drivers, apps and analysis tools to enable our Ecosystem to deliver great Windows experiences. You must be willing to learn and adapt quickly to the organization’s priorities, goals, and partner needs. Prior experience with OEM/ODM/IHV partners is a plus. This role requires deep engagement with engineering and business teams (internal and external partners) to drive the development, compliance, and adoption of new features in Windows devices. Additionally, there is opportunity for development of new internal/external portal solutions and data reporting, key to servicing business needs.
We hope that you are excited to join an influential, passionate and collaborative team at Microsoft. We look forward to hearing from you.
• Drive teams to develop solutions and influence present and future engineering investments
• Drive and guide partners to address issues observed
• Develop scale-out training and documentation
Knowledge and Experience:
• Deep technical understanding of product lifecycle development, passion for technology and track record of picking up new products/technology quickly
• In-depth knowledge of the tools and products listed above or equivalent
• Use of Office applications and Windows
• Experience with Visual Studio Online is a plus
• Demonstrated customer engagement skills, managing customer needs directly, through one-to-many channels
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with strong time management, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
• Proven capability for exemplary impact through cross-group collaboration and effective partnerships
• An analytical mindset with the ability to develop metrics, design reports, interpret results, and make recommendations on appropriate courses of action
• Strong organizational skills, critical thinking, attention to detail
• Strong core technical skills, sound judgment, and ability to thrive under ambiguity are crucial
• Passion for digging deep into customer scenarios and addressing them through technology or process
• Self-driven and team-oriented, with a relentless drive to get things done
• 10+ years’ experience in a Program or Project Manager role (post education)
• Bachelor or master’s Degree in computer science, or 4 years of equivalent experience in software engineering and/or technical program management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.