The Universal Store (within WDG) is developing some of Microsoft’s largest scale, most business-critical services to empower e-commerce for most Microsoft services. The Universal Store commerce platform powers all of Microsoft’s key businesses: Azure, Xbox, Microsoft Online Store, Windows 10 Store, Office 365, Bing Ads, and Dynamics, just to name a few. If you purchase a Windows 10 app, play Xbox games with in-app purchase, use cloud service on Azure, subscribe Office 365 for personal or business use, then you are using the Universal Store commerce platform.
The BizOps group in Universal Store is looking for a result-driven, detail-oriented, and highly technical candidate with balanced skillset between business analysis and hands-on technical capabilities, great communication and cross-group collaboration skills. This Senior Program Manager role will partner with other business PMs and technical engineering teams to design and drive the implementation of BizOps data solution.
Key tasks include designing and streamlining the process to identify/transfer data from variety of sources to an analysis-ready form, leading a technical team to complete implementation, enabling yourself and other analysts to make business-critical analysis and machine learning on top of these data, and then make optimization recommendations based on your analysis/learning results.
This role will need to have (or quickly gain) detailed understanding of complex billing, payment, and risk evaluation flows for variety of store fronts (Xbox, Windows, Azure, Microsoft Store, etc), business models (subscription, usage based charge, physical goods, etc), countries, payment methods etc. And use these knowledges to establish the data platform operation process and actual analysis. This role needs to be highly technical (in SQL, C#, product technical design, etc). He/she needs to review/drive technical design, perform high level code review, and collaborate very closely with technical team to drive implementation. Strong hands-on capability in SQL is also required.
This is a great opportunity for senior software development engineers who would like to explore program manager career.
Specific responsibility includes:
- Plan, Design and Drive implementation and verification of BizOps data solution.
-Collect business requirements from analysts, reporting, visualization and other data consumers
-Drive planning, design and implementation of BizOps data solution which can enable business analysis, machine learning, and KPI reporting for e-Commerce on single centralized set of reliable data.
-Partner with reporting team to establish data quality process, to quickly identify and mitigate data quality issues in the whole BizOps data solution
- Identify business pain points and provide recommendations by conducting data-driven analysis
-Identify and understand pain points in different business areas
-Identify data needed for analysis, and research the data independently or collaboratively with other parties Present analysis findings and data-driven recommendations in a visualized way
- Establish and maintain reliable process to publish KPI / Metrics / Scorecard Design and establish data ETL process to ensure all KPIs are refreshed regularly, and in a format ready to be consumed by BizOps Insights Portal and other automated regular reporting
- Support ad-hoc requests on business analysis and/or scorecard reporting
- Be the go-to person for data questions (availability, quality, process, etc) and technical questions (architecture design, reliability, roadmap)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or equivalent field that demonstrates quantitative / analytical orientation and hands-on engineering capability
- 5+ years of experience in program management, software engineering, business analysis, data solution, cube / data warehouse design and implementation
- 5+ years hands-on experience working with SQL, C#, Power Pivot/View/Query, SSRS
- Experience of software development engineer is highly preferred
- Capability of independently solving business problems, identifying/managing dependency and seeking for support to address business problems.
- Motivated to drive process optimization and improve daily operation efficiency
- Team player with excellent cross-group collaboration skills
- Strong ability to drive projects to closure and get things done.
- Experienced at managing vendor resources efficiently to complete projects within budget
- Proven-good capability and experience to engage both business and technical engineering teams
- Experience of managing eCommerce billing, payment, Risk, catalog, customer support and/or tax data is preferred
- Experience of Microsoft Cosmos platform is preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.