Windows division is going thru an interesting transformation with Windows as a Service (WaaS). A great world of opportunities has opened up in keeping customers current and creating world class servicing. Here are some blog posts about recent Windows Releases to give you an idea of the kind of projects we work on: 2017 Windows10 Creators Update
What will you get to do? If you want to be a part of the WaaS story and are passionate about working on delivering a seamless update experience to all our Windows customers, removing roadblocks and encouraging legacy customers to move forward by delivering quality experiences? We are the team that manages, operates and delivers on this charter. In this project manager role, you will work with multiple teams across the organization to identify and track key metrics, establish and manage schedules for our business-critical releases, manage risk and open issues, and communicate status to team members and customers. You will work alongside the program management and engineering teams to drive improvements into our processes, documentation, and communication. You will be required to interact across the division, understand and communicate requirements and information efficiently and effectively, present to senior leadership, and develop relationships that lead to efficient problem solving. The ability to track multiple release activities simultaneously will be key.
Who is an ideal candidate? The perfect candidate has a strong track record of results in his or her past; a high attention to detail; is an excellent communicator (both written and verbal); possesses strong analytical and data insights skills and enjoys solving complex problems (many for the first time). In addition, a successful candidate should be able to work independently, think strategically about issues, synthesize large amounts of information into crisp recommendations, and present and defend recommendations to a variety of audiences.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Drive project team engagement, stakeholder communication, and status reporting from project initiation through closure.
• Analyze existing project management processes and drive continuous improvement practices for our recurring service businesses as well as new product development.
• Analyze project risks, develop risk management plans and work with the teams to mitigate subsequent issues.
• Remove ambiguity and drive to solutions that are well understood and can be delivered with high quality.
• Create overall project plans and schedules.
• Hold teams accountable for deliverables.
• Manage change via change control processes.
• 5+ years of program or project management experience.
• Practical knowledge of mobile and desktop technology and release intricacies.
• Experience with MS Project, Visio, VSTS, SharePoint & other project planning and tracking tools.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to have impact and influence across teams.
• Preferably a history working with agile/scrum software projects.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.