Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Team Productivity is passionate about enabling user-centric Meeting, Voice, Communication and Collaboration experiences to reinvent how people get work done. Our team is collaborative, innovative and fast-paced. Our services in Communication, Social & Collaboration and Voice & Teams empower our employees to be more connected, engaged and productive. We embrace our role as Microsoft's First & Best customer, partnering closely with the Product Groups to influence product direction, validate product readiness and enable rich productivity experiences, showcasing Microsoft's cloud, mobile and social software and services to the global industry.
This role will provide strategic program management as a scrum master for the Teams & Voice experience driving strategic efforts while landing and enacting initiatives across Microsoft. This includes, but is not limited to, driving service consumption, innovation and influence in product group partnerships, creating strategies for increased employee satisfaction with O365 collaboration tools and enabling clear guidance on how to utilize systems to enable increased efficiency.
• Manage efforts to drive strategic direction for Teams & Voice service portfolio including but not limited to Collaboration and Voice & Teams services
• Drive key KPI's to measure service maturity in partnership with Service Owners
• Utilize Agile Service Management methods to iterate quickly and in alignment with feature delivery crews
• Work with cross organizational teams to identify capability gaps in product roadmaps, supporting feature release and launch
• Manage stakeholder relationships to drive collaboration innovation and platform adoption throughout Microsoft
• Drive service consumption through integrated adoption campaigns as coordinated with product marketing and CSE marketing & communication teams, providing feedback on product marketing messaging
• Act as a service evangelist, driving demand management, collateral and communications with product marketing and CSE marketing & communications partners
• Identify key usage scenarios, knowledge gaps and design experiences that will increase employee satisfaction and productivity with Office 365 tools
• Coordinate closely with service management to understand feature delivery schedules and new/updated product capabilities
• Enable showcase experiences to drive the adoption of our standards, platforms and technology throughout Microsoft and industry
• Self-driven professional who can drive programs with minimum oversight in an ambiguous environment
• Ability to influence without authority
Knowledge, experience and skills:
• 8+ years Program Management – Advanced program and project management skills
• 5+ yrs. experience leading delivery across multiple teams, regions, and organizations
Preferred, not required:
• Certified Scrum Master and/or Certified Product Owner
• PMP Certified
• Master’s Degree
• Executive level communication experience
• Analytical skills
• Team building experience and acumen
• Familiarity with VSTS and Agile
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering Information Systems, Business or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.