Do you want to play a significant role in Microsoft’s success in building a meaningful ecosystem around Azure? Do you like taking an idea from a rough concept to a fully operational program running on a global scale? Does the challenge of overcoming obstacles that others perceive as insurmountable excite you? If so, come join the Microsoft Azure Marketplace Operations team. We are looking for an experienced PM to lead our Azure Marketplace ISV Programs and Support function. This role is responsible for operationalizing and executing on new ISV programs. It is also tasked with managing and constantly improving the ISV support experience. The right candidate should have strong executive, customer presence and can cross collaborate across a huge stakeholder community to drive results and make a significant impact in a metrics driven organization.
As a business program manager leading a vendor team, you will have responsibilities that include:
• Manage high complexity/ visibility customer/ ISV partner
escalations that require white glove treatment
• Manage a team of vendors dedicated to ISV support
• Identify, define and deliver ISV facing programs and special
• Gap analysis and drive process, policy and system
• Triage trending issues to identify root cause, proposed
solution, business case, impacted stakeholders and partner
• Create partner and customer facing documentation, email
communications, newsletters, as needed Manage program
level metrics/KPIs including project burndown/team efficiency
• Presenting status and health of program at MBRs, QBRs, and
other forums as needed
• Vendor management
A great candidate would be someone who possesses these leadership and personal attributes:
• Creative driver with a tendency to think outside the box in order
to make progress in spite of blockers
• Ability to effectively manage a team, developing innovative and
cost-efficient processes and procedures that drive predictability
and enable the business to scale
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
skills, including the ability to provide clear, constructive
feedback to team members
• Strong executive presence and customer focus, driving
customer satisfaction while balancing short and long term
• Experience coordinating with many groups to successfully
implement customer and partner impacting changes.
• Examples of such groups include product planning,
engineering, business development, marketing, legal, finance,
compliance, the field, DX, and CSS.
• Experience in adjusting priorities, decisions, and actions to
respond to multiple demands, unanticipated events, and new
information in a fast-paced environment
• High customer empathy and passion for customer service
• Strong core project management skills with great attention to
ensure required details are not overlooked (scheduling, issue
identification/resolution, risk mitigation, dependency
• Working ability to remain effective under stress, and respond to
pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the
The candidate must also have:
• BS / BA degree 6+ years of relevant business experience
• 4+ years proven, complex project/program management
• Prior experience in a support role SQL
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.