SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER
Are you interested in Linux and open source? Microsoft continues to grow its work on Linux and open source, and we’d like to have you join the team that drives new Linux and open source technologies and solutions into Microsoft’s Azure cloud.
We’re a core product development team, and as a Senior Program Manager on the team, you will take charge of multiple projects and drive them from conception to delivery to customers.
You will work with directly with customers to understand the market space and customer needs, determine the feature set to be delivered, and work daily with developers to deliver that feature set through Azure and through contributions to open source projects.
You will engage with the external community for Linux and open source projects, as well as with internal Microsoft teams such as Azure, Windows Server, and Hyper-V. Finally, you will have a strong focus on fundamentals including defining requirements for end-to-end quality, reliability, performance and supportability, and working with developers to implement CI/CD and telemetry to meet quality goals.
Our team’s customers are enterprise organizations who bet their businesses on the functionality, performance and reliability of Microsoft’s offerings, so you must have experience in developing and shipping enterprise software. You should have a passion for customers, excellent oral and written communications skills, and strong project and people skills.
You should also be comfortable presenting and demo’ing at open source and Microsoft conferences.
As a Senior Program Manager, your primary role is to provide leadership and direction to projects.
• 5 or more years of program, product or project management experience.
• Experience managing complex cross-group and cross-company projects.
• Ability to evaluate engineering systems across internal and external groups and drive innovative ways of thinking to improve quality, engineering productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
• Experience building and leveraging relationships with cross-functional peers to align priorities, processes and people appropriately.
• Experience finding opportunities for collaboration, ensuring that cross-team commitments are set, enabling the work of others, and ensuring that the right people with the right knowledge and expertise are involved in decisions.
• Ability to tailor communication to a variety of audiences and perspectives, and anticipate issues to prevent conflict.
• Sense of pride and personal accountability for end-to-end quality, completeness, and resulting user experience for the life of products and service.
• Technical passion, terrific problem-solving skills, a results orientation, and the ability to work independently.
• B.S. in Computer Science or 4 or more years of software development experience.
• Strong knowledge of two or more foundational open source technologies.
• Experience with CI/CD, telemetry and data visualization.
3+ years of customer facing experience in a technology environment
Come help us change Microsoft!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.