The Bing Experiences team is looking for a senior program manager to help improve our relevance and user experience. The idea candidate will have passion for delivering highly quality experiences or relevance techniques to our users while being able to traverse a range of teams and technologies. Experimentation (A/B) testing, measurement and data mining are staples here on which new experiences rely on. The candidate should have with deep technical expertise, great user empathy, experience with creating scalable user frameworks, and a passion for improving search. An ideal candidate should be a self-starter, problem-solver, and be a strong collaborator who is able to work effectively with a large number of partners both local and remote.
An ideal candidate would have:
• Love for data: Someone who loves to dig up supporting data for building a more a measured opinion. A dash of statistical analysis expectation comes with it.
• Critical thinking: Able think deep about user scenarios, metrics, capabilities and whole page impact
• A learner: Strong interest in hypothesis driven product development including testing and A/B experimentation. In simple words, someone who is ok with and absorbs the lesson when data goes counterintuitive.
• Passion for design: It is needed not only to help build experiences but also effectively share your point of view with the team members.
• Entrepreneurial spirit: Self-starter, problem solver and sociable player with a can do attitude. The 'can do' attitude is critical.
• Leader and Collaborator: Ability to work effectively with a large number of partners and customers.
• Clear communicator: Ability to write simple, clear scenarios, problem statements, requirements and specifications.
• Empathy for user: Leverage any data (logs, research, feedback etc.) to empathize with user's real requirements and usage.
• Empathy for business: Ability to understand real world constraints and top level business metrics.
• Love for search: An excitement about helping people find the right information but wrapped in an awesome experience
Main job responsibilities:
• Collaborate with teams across the stack on high impact high visibility products.
• Develop plans for flighting and experimentation across product canvases.
• Partner closely with our platform teams to improve the quality and relevance of search results.
• Conduct customer analysis to understand user tasks, top frustrations and new business opportunities via delightful experiences.
• Take insights and translate them into features or actions.
• Partner with the design team to develop user experiences which align to customer needs.
• Gather requirements and proactively communicate issues and status.
• Write feature specs, manage and track key issues, and manage team execution.
• Create scalable solutions that can be applied as a framework for solving multiple scenarios across different partners and device types.
• BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science or technical discipline.
• 5+ years program management experience involving feature development.
• 3+ years of experience with A/B testing, experimentation and data analysis.
• Excellent strategic thinking, communication, problem identification/resolution skills.
• Successful track record of working collaboratively across multiple teams.
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.