The Microsoft Commercial Cloud - lead by Azure and including Office 365 and Dynamics CRM - is expanding at an unprecedented rate across the globe. Today, Azure is generally available in 50 regions and over 280 product solutions. As we drive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, the Azure Cloud Expansion team is looking for a passionate and visionary PM to drive cloud growth and expansion in strategic geographies. Our team’s leading focus is to grow the usage and adoption of Azure across a number of broad, strategic initiatives - such as datacenter expansion. We are a passionate group, and in search of a senior level technical program manager who shares our growth mindset and desire to be the global leader in this space.
• Launch Azure services in new markets increasing Azure’s global coverage.
• Define, develop, and execute on strategic programs across services and data center infrastructure to meet organizational objectives.
The successful candidate will develop the strategic framework governing services and infrastructure technology investments and roadmaps - defining boundaries, responsibilities, and metrics across diverse and complex inter-relationships. You will identify, define and document key processes and relationships across the service deployment, capacity management, datacenter infrastructure, and execution organizations with a focus on continuous improvement, alignment to strategic direction, cost, and agility.
• 5+ years of solution development experience, preferably with cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCE) experience.
• 3+ years’ experience leading strategic programs that span organizational boundaries and have multiple child projects.
• BA/BS in business, management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering preferred.
• Demonstrated experience deploying services in a cloud environment.
• Familiar with datacenter infrastructure including facilities power delivery, cooling, physical network, technical operations, and building management systems.
• Ability to write, speak, and present information effectively and persuasively
• Demonstrated critical thinking, precision questioning and problem-solving skills
• Methodical, detail oriented and extremely organized with a strong ability to organize others
• Self-starter who identifies opportunities and engages with limited management direction
• Excellent judgment, decision making and prioritization skills
• Strong team building and collaboration skills across teams and divisions.
• Proficient in financial and operational analysis including total cost of ownership, sensitivity and goal seeking analysis.
• Fundamental understanding of software architectures, Microsoft online services, software lifecycle methodology
• Solid understanding and history deploying distributed and/or cloud based systems.
• Execution skills (self-directedness, drive for results, individual accountability, failure is not an option mindset).
• The candidate will have 8+ years of program management experience in the software industry experience preferably driving large software engineering or infrastructure projects.
• MBA or advanced degree is beneficial.
• Strong track record of delivering services and/or shipping products.
• Experience using MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, and Excel including development of templates for reporting purposes to present and summarize information. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
**Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
*Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.