We are the Azure Big Data team, part of the C+E Azure organization. Azure Big Data teams present interesting challenges in technologies such as big data, cloud, storage and open-source. We build reliable, highly scalable and highly performing distributed systems for data analytics on Azure. We are looking for senior leaders with strong product/program management experience and a passion for data and analytics. Program Managers on the team define and drive the product strategy and roadmap, and interact with senior leaders in Azure, the field, marketing as well as key decision makers within our customers. They shape and define product capabilities and experiences by deeply engaging with customers as well as by using data to understand engagement and quality of experience. They guide other Program Managers in delivering great product experiences through inception all the way through engaged customer usage and lead with clarity while bringing a strong bias for action. The opportunities to significantly impact the team, Azure, Microsoft, and the industry are practically limitless.
We are a new team within Azure Big Data with a startup mindset innovating on unlocking the potential of data stored in multiple sources in a secure and governed way. As a Program Manager on this team, you will be responsible for engaging directly with customers and partners to understand complexities/challenges of managing and growing their business via their data. Your work will directly influence and help prioritize the engineering work required to support this across Azure. You will do well in this role if you have a passion for working with customers and partners, gain insights from them and use objective business and technical judgment to ultimately help them achieve their business goals. You must be comfortable communicating and collaborating across Microsoft and driving results through data. You are passionate about creating clarity and you want to ensure that across Azure we are executing on what is most important to the customer. You want to be challenged with new customer scenarios and growing a new business.
• 5+ years professional experience in product design or product management
• Experience with cloud computing, online services, databases or data management systems
• Experience working directly with customers and partners
• Ability to define success and adoption KPIs, ensure telemetry to gather the same and finally to use the data to drive further business decisions
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT related technical discipline
• Great curiosity and willingness to question
• High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced environment
• Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner
• Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
• Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems
• Excellent communication skills with ability to influence business and technical decision makers
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.