Senior Program Manager
Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the team behind one of the world's largest cloud infrastructures responsible for powering all Microsoft products and services as well as powering Microsoft's "cloud first" mission. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide.
The Capacity Management team within MCIO is at the forefront of the capacity fulfillment promise for the Microsoft cloud, building the engineering systems that are needed to deliver a trusted capacity experience to our customers and partners world-wide. We are focused on designing and implementing models, and analytical frameworks to constantly assess, and proactively improve the capacity experience of our customers. We are looking for a top-notch, experienced, hands-on data analyst with big data skills and an analytics determination. Someone who is driven, self-directed, and focused on delivering the right results through data.
You love data and storytelling with the data. Your ability to discuss the problem space at great business and technical depth and explore potential solutions with teams you interface with and maintain trusted relationships with these business and engineering partners, is essential for your success. The candidate should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques that can help us answer a wide range of questions and present insights in a concise and effective manner.
• Demonstrate best practices in data analysis: accessing & pulling the right data, interpreting the data with a business mindset, and providing a concise readout appropriate for the audience.
• Constantly improve and expand upon the existing frameworks for data collection, model generation, model testing and visualization Perform exploratory research to vet data, identify patterns and explore the 'why' behind the trends.
• Use and promote data-exploration techniques to discover new or previously unasked questions Influence stakeholders through effective data story-telling and visualization
• 10+ years of business and technical experience in the following or related areas: business analytics and insights, optimization identification and management, planning and analytics systems, data science and machine learning systems.
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field - Computer Science, Statistics or related - Master's degree an advantage
• Experience with statistical environments and languages R, Minitab, Statsoft, etc.
• Familiarity with Microsoft technologies for Data Storage, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics and Data Visualization technologies - Azure ML, PowerBI, HDInsight, Cosmos, etc.
• Experience in architecting data solutions and ability to strategize those including proven experience in building reporting solutions preferably in a Cloud environment
• Demonstrated excellence turning disparate data into insightful, visually compelling dashboards, reports & scorecards
• Excellent quantitative analysis skills and ability to derive actionable insights from complex data and metrics
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working independently
• Self-starter who takes responsibility when required.
• Superior interpersonal, verbal, visual and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex findings in a simple manner.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.