Senior Program Manager
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Data Platform Service Line has the charter to look end-to-end across traditional and modern digital execution engines through to lead routing, tele-sales, pipeline, and ultimate sales and seat transactions and provide unified views of the customer journey and insights to the teams as to where we can improve our conversations with our customers.
This role and team has a unique and diverse set of skills that range from deeply technical knowledge of BI systems, big data, data modeling, data acquisition, system design, AI / ML, understanding of multi-dimensional digital footprint, data visualization, and Microsoft business strategy. In this role, you will partner across groups both in Microsoft corporate and around the world to put data into action. This is a multi-faceted role that builds comprehensive data solutions that enable and optimize Microsoft’s conversation with its customers.
• Product Management Data Platform
• Coordination across multiple teams at Microsoft to gather current-state information & future-state requirements.
• Tracing end-to-end customer journeys across multiple flows from direct transactions within a single session to multi-touch, multi-engine facilitated marketing journeys through tele-sales and enterprise sales channels.
• Current and future state GAP analysis
• Data modeling progression
• Subject matter expertise across all relevant, modern sales marketing execution engines and data sources
• 2 years working with big data platforms Azure OR Cosmos OR other Big data platform
• 3 years of work experience in data analysis
• 1 year experience with machine learning OR competition of machine learning training
Preferred, not required:
• Experience working with large volumes of data from disparate data sources, and proven track record for spotting actionable patterns and trends
• Technical understanding of Marketing, CRM and BI platforms (CRM, SQL, PowerBI, SharePoint, PowerPivot, etc.)
• Extensive experience with geographically distributed teams
Knowledge, experience and skills:
• 5+ years of experience managing technical projects with multiple resources, preferably using Agile methodology
• 3+ years of experience using and/or implementing complex business intelligence and reporting capabilities
• Demonstrated passion for technology and data
• Proven track record of delivering complex projects
• Excellent collaborative skills with ability to drive cross-team technical negotiations
• Ability to deliver projects successfully on time, budget, and quality
• Be highly organized and able to manage multiple, fast-moving projects using external vendor and internal resources
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.