Senior Program Manager
Imagine you have an exclusive backstage pass to one of world’s largest cloud platforms used by teams and companies around the world. What kind of skills, relationships and insights would you develop if your daily job provided you with insider access to the teams that engineer and run Azure and Microsoft’s developer services?
As a Technical Program Manager in the Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) group you will:
• Manage cross-group projects that boost the reliability,
performance and security of Microsoft’s developer services.
Ultimately improving how Microsoft builds and delivers services
to millions of customers.
• Collaborate to design and deliver solutions for disaster
recovery, capacity management, monitoring, telemetry, and
• Work with VSTS Site Reliability Engineering managers to
prioritize investments, meet project commitments, and keep
promises made to our customers.
• Go deep analyzing data, building reports, and finding
opportunities. Use your learnings and technical expertise to
design, build, and mature analytical solutions that drive the
• Use your knowledge of the Azure cloud platform architecture to
drive service improvements
• Manage relationships in VSTS Site Reliability Engineering and
with our partners in Azure, Windows, Office, Xbox, Security,
Legal, Finance, and other organizations internal and external to
• Work closely with Azure to design, operate and optimize large-
scale, online services used by teams and businesses across
• Participate in a business hours communications manager
rotation where you are part of our Live Site Incident Response,
and are responsible for translating complex technical issues
into real-time communications with internal/external customers
Our Program Managers are customer focused, relentlessly working to build customer trust through world class service design. As we drive the maturity of our service, we regularly influence and contribute improvements to both VSTS services and the Azure platform.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing projects
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and
verbal, to all levels of an organization
• Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design
meetings, progress and status meetings)
• Strong technical proficiency, prior experience with large scale
online systems built on Azure or similar cloud providers a plus.
• Strong analytical skills, experience analyzing data, building
reports, and gaining data-driven business insights
• ITIL certification is preferred.
At Microsoft’s Developer Division (DevDiv) we envision, create, and run a broad array of online services used by developers and teams around the world. Our services run at a massive scale and continue to grow. They are built over both public and private clouds and have been architected with common capabilities and patterns that help us to operate consistently and efficiently.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.