Want to be at the forefront of using Big Data to create great user experiences? The Experimentation platform team (ExP) is looking for a Senior Program Manager to grow the platform within Microsoft. In this role, you will work with teams such as Office, xBox, and Skype to design and build a scalable, easy to onboard experimentation platform. While there is flexibility in terms of areas of expertise (there are challenges ranging from user experience to data pipeline to analytics), experience in designing, running and scaling services is a must.
You will be working closely with customers, partners and management to enable data driven decision making in Microsoft, so applicants to this position should have excellent communication skills and demonstrated passion for using trustworthy data to make decisions.
• Partnering and onboarding new teams to the ExP platform
• Developing new experimentation service capabilities and interfaces
• Analyzing experimentation service use and optimizing the experimentation cycle
• Designing tools to scale analysis activities
• Optimizing experimentation quality and processes
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7 years of customer facing program or project management experience.
• 7 years’ work experience delivering online services within a collaborative environment.
• Passion for data driven decision making.
• Experience designing and operating online services including defining and improving operational metrics.
• Experience in online user behavior research including instrumentation, metrics, log analysis and experiment design.
• Demonstrated program management skills.
• Familiarity with statistics.
• SQL, Excel and reporting systems experience.
• Excellent communication and cross group collaboration skills.
One of the keys to success in the hypercompetitive online and mobile space is building and operating a world class online experimentation system. Do you enjoy challenging projects with high visibility and impact? Join the ExP team and help take the drama out of decision making!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.