Senior Program Manager
Microsoft Azure Data Center Migration Team, part of the Customer Advisory Team (Azure CAT) is seeking a world class Senior Program Manager to work on developing and executing the program for high velocity data center migration into Azure.
Do you have a passion for blazing new approaches that solve the most challenging customer scenarios and translating these solutions into scalable and reusable approaches for data center migration? Do you enjoy working with Microsoft’s customers and partners and can see a long term vision to help drive a model to “drain” a data center into Microsoft Azure? Do you have a record of accomplishment employing strong business and architectural skills, orchestrating the envisioning and delivery of pragmatic and innovative solutions? Are you a change agent and leader capable of inspiring change and adoption across a broad base of teams, groups, customers, and communities? If so, this role might be ideal for you.
This Technical Delivery role will be focused on:
• Work with top strategic azure customers on multi-year
partnerships to accelerate consumption
• Enable organizations to realize the true benefit of IaaS, PaaS,
and SaaS architectures on Azure for high-demand workloads
and end-to-end data pipeline and analytics.
• Drive engineering relationships across customers and partners
to drive an accelerated exit from a customer data center and
into Microsoft Azure
• Providing architectural guidance for data and analytics
solutions through interaction with technical audiences
• Designing, reviewing, and deploying Azure architectural
solutions to drive on premises to cloud migrations
• Strong knowledge of building both Hybrid and Native cloud
solutions with technical skills covering both Microsoft and OSS
technologies for data and analytics.
• Broad knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure and big data solutions.
• Working with Microsoft Azure engineering product teams and
customer and partner teams to understand requirements,
design, and review solutions, and deploy these into Pilots,
Proof of Concept, and Production environments in a rapid and
The PM is a technical, customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end delivery of these Initiatives on behalf of C+E. This role represents a strong opportunity to have direct impact on the business and technical transformation of the largest and most strategic Microsoft customers.
Success in this role depends on strong collaboration across a variety of customer, partner, and internal Microsoft stakeholders. This role can be based in either Houston or San Mateo. Moderate travel will be required, 35%.
• 3+ years of experience in big data and analytics systems
• 3+ years of Program or Project or Product Management
• Technical prowess and passion—especially for Windows
Azure, Cloud Application design practices and principles
• Solid solution architecture and development skills
• Be familiar with Cloud, ARM, Open Source, Python, R, Spark
at a minimum, architectural design patterns, and the agile
• Must know end-to-end analytics platform and be able to
provide guidance on solution architecture, and data flows
• Be able to provide guidance on how to enable data scientist to
interact with the platform and consume services (Data
Workbench, Azure ML Studio
• Understanding of related Azure services to analytics such as
• Strong exec communications and presence. know how and
when to summarize and escalate issues.
• Operational Independence: A ‘proactive white glove’
approach – if I don’t know how to get something done, I’ll find
someone at Microsoft that does.
Azure CAT embraces diversity and the concept of team. We enjoy great challenges, collaboration and seeing our customers and partners succeed. We have a start-up and challenger mind-set and are deeply passionate about our customers and our architectural standards. We are also a lot of fun!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.