Senior Program Manager
The financial services sector provides one of the largest opportunities for growth in Microsoft cloud revenue and usage. A small set of global systemically important financial institutions (GSIFIs) are the leaders in the industry, are very highly regulated, and have the most challenging demands on Microsoft. Winning the GSIFIs will deliver market making impact but requires special assistance to help them transform to cloud.
We are looking for Office 365 Risk Architects to manage a small set of GSIFIs and take them through to productive use of our cloud services. The Risk Architect will engage directly to resolve security and compliance issues and enable the customer to complete their required risk assessments and audits. The Risk Architect will identify other barriers to deployment and work with other Microsoft roles (field sales, Microsoft Services, CELA, FastTrack, and others) to ensure those issues are solved. This is a senior role working at all levels with the customer from individual contributor up to CIO, CTO, and CSO and at all levels within Microsoft from front line technical sales up to CVPs of engineering.
Office 365 CXP Risk Architect Role
The Risk Architect is focused on working with specific set of highly regulated customers in financial services (GSIFIs) to develop and execute on plans to move them through to active usage of the O365 service. This role will require engagement with Microsoft roles in field sales, Microsoft Services, FastTrack, legal (CELA), and engineering.
Success will be measured by:
1) growth in Office 365 monthly active usage (MAU) at the risk architect’s assigned customers
2) collaborating with the rest of the team to identify and solve systemic blockers across the GSIFIs
3) minimizing the impact of customer audit rights on engineering
Key functions include:
• Own the Microsoft engineering relationship with customer’s risk and security teams. Help guide the customer to efficiently achieving what they need while avoiding known pitfalls that cause challenge for Microsoft
• Assist customer in completing risk assessments and audits of Microsoft cloud services while minimizing the impact on engineering
• Develop productive collaborative relationships with other Microsoft roles that touch the customer
• Understand the customer and their internal barriers to full deployment. Navigate both customer and Microsoft to bring together the right people to address those barriers
• Identify technical or process blockers and provide clear input to Office 365 engineering on the issues, importance, and suggested resolution
• Minimum 10+ years’ experience in combination of one or more of security, compliance, audit, project delivery, and Microsoft cloud technology
Experience to Include:
• Ability to communicate effectively, and develop lasting relationships with “C” level executives as well as senior business or technical leaders.
• Demonstrated cross-group collaboration skills achieving results through influence
• Demonstrable experience in a minimum of three of the following areas:
o Risk assessment and audit of information technology services, preferably in the financial sector
o Knowledge of financial services regulations and their varying implementation in financial services institutions
o Experience in driving change within financial services institutions
o Experience with technical sales and/or deployment of Office 365
o Experience working with enterprise customers, both technical and business, and at all levels
o Deep security and compliance knowledge and understanding on trends affecting customers adoption of O365
o Experience in the Program Management profession
Location – Two Roles:
• USA: Redmond, WA
• Europe: London or Frankfurt
Travel (25% or more) is an integral part of this job, as are high levels of recognition and visibility.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.