Do you believe that the best designs come from a deep understanding of fundamental human needs and motivations? Do you prefer a simple, well-considered design that can elegantly solve a real-world problem, rather than grand visions with flying cars? If so, read on?
The Lookout team is a varied group - entrepreneurs, writers, engineers, anthropologists, multidisciplinary designers, program managers, brand architects, researchers - and we all bring different perspectives to our work. Together, we stand at the forefront of Microsoft’s future to envision, create, and present grounded solutions to some of the toughest cross-product design challenges in the company. Our audience spans across productions teams, executives, thought leaders inside and outside of Microsoft, and Fortune 1000 customers. We use a mix of physical spaces, community events, hardware and software prototypes, white papers, cinematic videos, and presentations to help us hone our understanding of difficult design challenges, and communicate that back out to key stakeholders. We seek a Senior Program Manager to join our Activation team and coordinate work within the Lookout studio, as well as interface with the various product groups we work with. You must have a clear understanding of each facet of the design process, including information architecture, interaction design, research and usability testing, rapid prototyping, visual design, motion design, brand interaction, and content creation. In your previous experience, you have demonstrated the ability to effectively partner within the design community, as well as across multiple product groups, to shepherd design thinking from ideation to production. You are a great creator, collaborator, and communicator with a curious mind and an ability to work both within and outside of a strict production timeline.
• Participate in and/or facilitate design brainstorming and work sessions
• Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, visual language guidelines, visual comps, prototypes, scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve how we communicate our findings to key stakeholders
• Work across visual, interaction, motion, brand, and other designers to ensure your contribution enhances the overall user experience
• Present design ideas and assets as needed to peers, partners, and management in ways that bring the customer story to life, incorporate feedback into design efforts
• Communicate, defend, and build consensus around all aspects of design and design direction
• Work with Office Envisioning and Research to coordinate explorations needed to incorporate results into design efforts
• Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals, and business requirements that shape current and future products
• 4+ years’ of experience in relevant design discipline for consumer product experiences
• Work samples emphasizing interaction and graphic design skills (portfolio review may be required)
• Proficiency with creating high-craft presentations and communication with executive audiences
• Bachelor’s Degree in Motion Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, Information Design, or equivalent education or experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.