Microsoft Teams is a new and fast-growing Office 365 service that is going to change how people work and be a cornerstone for collaboration and communication. We are looking for a feature PM that is going to drive global expansion of Microsoft Teams. This role will focus on enabling Teams data residency in country and several data migration scenarios.
Your work in this role will directly unblock some of our largest customers. It is a great place to be. You will be responsible for driving global availability of Microsoft Teams and addressing the needs of multi-national organizations. The role includes driving priorities, defining requirements and driving execution. A successful PM in this area will clearly understand the customer impact of the choices they own and be able to wear a technical hat ensure our platform is solid. If you are interested in joining an early stage product and growing with it was we onboard millions of customers this is where you want to be.
• Drive global expansion of Microsoft Teams and its readiness for multi-national organizations
• Own data migration and data residency
• Define business and customer requirements, and translate into efficient, crisp functional specifications
• Drive execution and demonstrate end-to-end ownership of complex, cross-group (including Exchange, SharePoint, Stream, and AAD) projects to successful completion
• Own the backlog and deliverables, driven with a clear charter, prioritization, and urgency for delivery
• Track all defined deliverables from conception through launch
• 5+ years of program management or product management experience
• Proven success in delivering end user facing products and services
• Experience in data analysis and data migration
• The ability to wear many hats, learn quickly and change direction when needed
• Innate curiosity and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly-changing startup environment
• Strong project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
• Strong passion for delivering high-quality, large-scale services
• Persistence and a track record of completion
• Self-starter who can work through ambiguous requirements and run their portion of the business
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience) is desirable
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.