Senior Program Manager
Universal Store Team (UST) enables one of Microsoft’s most business-critical needs: electronic monetization of products and services. UST is developing some of Microsoft’s largest scale, most business-critical cloud services. These services have a huge global footprint of over 240 markets and processes millions of transactions daily, with loads growing linearly as Microsoft moves to a fully cloud-powered services and devices company. The platform powers all of Microsoft’s key businesses – Azure, Office 365, XBOX, Windows App Store, Bing Ads to name just a few. The platform also powers the licensing business for millions of customers large and small, enabling them to use Microsoft software and services across cloud, on-premises, and hybrid scenarios. Whether renting a movie or buying a game on Xbox LIVE, purchasing an app on a Windows, signing up for an Office 365 subscription or paying for Azure services, you are using Universal Store. If you are obsessed over customer experience, have technical and data expertise as well as solid business / process acumen, come join an exciting and growing business at Microsoft! We are a small group of Program Managers driving Datacenter and Service Capacity/Cost, Security/Compliance, SiteUp/Operations Excellence as well as modernization initiatives.
Program Managers (PMs) design features and lead programs that expand functionality or fill gaps in operational and service reliability. In the UST Service Engineering Technical Operations (SETO) organization, a PM designs, partners, and drives engineering teams to deliver reliable data streams and visualizations that highlight actionable signals and insights. S/he is responsible to translate those insights to enable data-driven decision making, business actions and processes. They are helping optimize and enable the organization to deliver highly reliable customer experiences.
• Define, start and iterate programs spanning UST.
• Analyze data to gain a deeper understanding of our datacenters and Services.
• Engage, define and articulate requirements to our engineering teams as well as to partner engineering organizations.
• Turn data sets into rich visualizations to support our business initiatives.
• Drive design and functional specifications, for engineering teams both, within our org and partner organizations.
• Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems; assess design and code changes to drive improvements
• 4+ years of management experience
• A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical experience.
• 6+ years of experience designing or developing online services.
• A track record of having driven projects and or initiatives in sizeable organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships through passion and influence, collaborating across functional & global teams.
• Confidence to be able to operate on all levels in an organization, comfortable to negotiate with developers or present to senior org leaders.
• Exceptional problem solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience analyzing data with advanced tools like Excel, SAS, Python and Tableau.
• Experience with visualization software tools (Kibana, Tableau, Gephi, PowerBI, Insights,…) and/or writing/coding visualizations
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.