Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
This role is for a Senior Program Manager and a Scrum Leader in Bellevue, WA to join our program management team and work in an Agile environment to provide overall leadership functions to grow and launch new features and services. This includes the creation, implementation, and improvement of Agile-based portfolio planning and management, perform the processes required in the planning stage and enable delivery of a complex programs and projects. Responsibilities are orchestrating communications with the release planning and business teams to deliver a road-map of features and functionality to your portfolio, capacity planning and reporting across the VISA organization. Leading and supporting the continuous improvement of our delivery framework, assist in projecting software and hardware requirements as well as promoting more disciplined and effective use of our Agile Application Life-cycle Management tools. Review and evaluate work and advise team on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods during the SDLC, participate in design session, organize cross-functional activities to ensure completion of the project, such as making sure the process of our products are on schedule and within budget constraint. Prepare activity and progress reports, and monitor projects from initiation through delivery. You will be responsible for managing strategic cross-functional programs that include, project planning, requirements gathering, training, legal, marketing, commercialization/go-to-market activities, go/no release activities etc.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with leadership and management qualities that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of complex, varied payment offerings. Our Scrum Masters are highly visible leaders, building bridges across Visa to ensure projects are effectively developed, integrated and deployed with quality and on time into our production systems.Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership of the product development planning cycle
- Establish and lead a consistent cadence of well-organized, well-facilitated, and effective scrum activities.
- Driving all preparation and follow up on activities required to publish target release plans while aligning to product development priorities.
- Ensure business priorities and product changes are incorporated into portfolio and program release plans, make sure dependencies are captured and tracked, risks and issues are proactively identified and mitigated, and progress is communicated to stake holders and executives.
- Build and follow on the capacity within your teams to support the development activities.
- Define and manage portfolio and program level governance processes and forums in support of data-driven decision making and providing transparency into progress, risks and issues.
- Manage and coordinate internal and external dependencies including security needs for successful delivery of the scenarios.
- Ensure the right information and metrics are collected from technology leads, formatted and reported effectively, and provide transparency and visibility into the program's scope, progress and status.
- Own the weekly status progress of the projects in you scope.
- Provide thought leadership, coaching and support of our Agile planning and delivery framework and drive continuous improvements in these areas.
- Leveraging strong project management industry expertise and collaboration skills, identify required activities to successfully deliver the program, ensuring appropriate task assignments are in place.
- Establish and manage client expectations through-out the project life-cycle; follow defined scope management processes.
- Define Communication Plan to ensure appropriate CyberSource and Visa Stakeholder involvement and communication is in place
- Report and escalate issues, with mitigation and path to resolution, identify risks, perform risk analysis, effectively manage risks, proactively raise prioritization and scheduling tradeoff decisions, escalating and identifying alternate options as appropriate
- 10 + years of experience as part of a Dev/R&D team in high scale environment with progressively increasing responsibilities in technology planning, software design, program management, product development, management consulting firms.
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master/Scrum leader.
- 3+ years previous experience as a hands-on coder in a large scale project.
- Exceptional knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC principles and practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills with ability to influence changes at higher levels.
- Ability to hold many things in parallel: roadmaps, projects, budgets, and more.
- Experience in leading a technology planning function within a large, leading technology company is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of the software/product development lifecycle (SDLC/PDLC) and program/project management techniques, methodologies and best practices.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly skilled in the creation of presentations, new reporting mechanisms and other documents.
- High attention to details with ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and distill it in crisp, clear language appropriate for a variety of audiences including technology and business executives.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math), MS/MBA is a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMPÂ®), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACPÂ®), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Experience with online/ecommerce, payment processing, and/or financial systems
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. As part of CyberSource™s continued growth and expansion we are looking for talented, articulate and bright individuals who want to make a difference.
CyberSource has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for e-commerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
CyberSource is a subsidiary of Visa Inc. CyberSource operates in Europe under agreement with Visa Europe.Additional Information
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.