Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a seasoned program manager to help us build epic player experiences on our portfolio of web sites and mobile applications.
Our ideal candidate will share our love of games and is an experienced product developer who passionately believes in the power of web and mobile technologies to take player engagement to the next level. They have a technical or product design background and are able to partner successfully and productively with our talented engineers and designers to help build and maintain an architectural runway for our projects.
They will show that they can work closely with our design, engineering, and editorial team members to build a strong vision for new and exciting web and mobile products. They will also demonstrate the ability to engage directly with Blizzard game studios and service teams to drive the product development effort end-to-end across the entire company, delivering products that are truly, "built by Blizzard Entertainment."Position Overview
This program manager will work closely with a team of engineers, designers, editors, and testers on the development of web and mobile's game sites, initially focused on the World of Warcraft (WoW) site. They will coordinate development with both team members as well as stakeholders from the game team, marketing community and public relations groups. In all efforts, this person will coordinate closely with our all franchise teams and regional offices around the world to help enable key player outreach efforts around the globe.Responsibilities
- Manage the overall lifecycle of features for the WoW website; envisioning, evangelizing, and implementing a feature strategy in cooperation with team leads and key stakeholders.
- Steward development of new features or enhancements to the products from conceptualization, conducting research, gathering requirements, authoring functional specifications, conducting implementation reviews, and coordinating releases.
- Act as primary point of contact and relationship manager for the product, aligning with (and sometimes driving) development efforts across multiple Blizzard development teams to successfully release new products and features on time and within budget.
- Act as champion for significant projects, programs, and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity.
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are clearly communicated and achieved.
- Gather, document, and organize business, functional, and any creative requirements for new projects from project stakeholders.
- Gather estimates from resources and create project documentation (scope document, requirements document, work breakdown structure).
- Identify, track, manage, and resolve project roadblocks or impediments.
- Ensure that solutions are of acceptable quality.
- Follow change management process to capture change requests, communicate impact, request stakeholder decisions, and execute changes if applicable.
- Work with other program managers to plan effective capacity utilization.
- Coordinate, track, and manage the activities of project team members to ensure that project tasks are completed on time, within scope, and at acceptable quality.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Train and mentor other web and mobile team members.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working in web site, web platform, and mobile application development as a program manager or product manager
- Experience managing large teams and multiple projects
- Skilled in risk assessment and management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Strong proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of software development processes, project management methodologies, and performance management
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
Required Application Materials
- Passion for and experience with video games
- Scrum Master Certification
- Scrum Product Owner Certification
- Background in business analysis or product design (UX, visual, or architecture)
- Kanban experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Expertise in issue tracking software, and other online project management tools
- Familiar with foreign languages and cultures
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are excited about working at Blizzard?
- What games or technologies are you are currently playing with?
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.