Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations is the team behind the cloud. MCIO is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
Roles and responsibilities:
We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual who will be directly responsible for supporting the growth and expansion of a portion of the deployment process across all Microsoft online services. As a Senior program manager in the DE&O team you will be part of the team responsible for the evolution of our Networking Deployment process including problem/incident management, jointly developing our tools roadmap, aligning the organization to a standardized process flow, and reducing variability in our process execution.
• This role identifies opportunities to adopt or develop better automation tools and/or technologies that deliver improvements in the deployment lifecycle driving efficiencies in core metrics as well as cycle times.
• This position works collaboratively with dev/test/PM on tools needs and automation roadmaps by developing detailed requirements and associated business impacts, then drives operational requirements, standards, processes and practices in alignment with MCIO business goals and requirements.
• Applies technical depth and knowledge of constraints to the deployment delivery eco system by trending to recommended process and/or design improvements.
• Creates strong partnerships across groups or services and influences others; decisions on process improvements, hardware, software, schedule, and manageability. Provides compelling arguments on behalf of deployment engineering and operations that effectively aligns MCIO on a single deployment workflow strategy.
• Generates consensus with stakeholders, customers, partners & business owners regarding designs/specifications for projects/services, which results in solid business results. This function will lead the organization in developing a deployment workflows and building the capability within the organization to execute on our roadmap.
Skills and qualifications:
• Ability to deeply understand the Data Center business. This includes server and data center technical/architectural needs, capacity expansion needs and regional expansion plans and timelines as well as the drivers behind those plans and timelines.
• Ability to drive all Deployment Engineering & Operations team (DE&O) owned deliverables for Networking Deployments - leading daily scrums to actively manage detailed project plans, dependencies, and risk mitigation strategies to ensure all network deliverables and work streams are completed on time and with quality.
• Ability to plan and verify the implementation of Network Provisioning solutions.
• Ability to implement lean principles to drive continuous improvement in reducing cycle times and defects.
• Experience in developing reports using data analytics to proactively communicate performance of projects against SLA’s
• Ability to provide team leadership while instilling a culture of continuous innovation and challenger mindset across global organizations.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in Engineering or IT functions
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related
• Working knowledge of Network protocols, LAN, WAN, VLANs, IP addressing, ACL’s and Data center fundamentals
• Leadership with complex, cross functional projects including setting scope, reaching consensus, execution, and presenting results (required)
• Experience in planning and verifying network protocols in enterprise environments (required)
• Experience managing large scale enterprise programs from start to finish and implement tool automation (required)
• Experience managing cross functional, virtual teams
• Ability to build positive relationships and develop support from a wide variety stakeholders
• Strong executive and stakeholder communication/presentation skills
• Ability to manage projects in a matrixed team environment of FTEs and contractors
• Ability to write, speak and present effectively and persuasively at all levels
• Capable of effectively leading, developing and motivating a team
• Strong critical thinking and resolution in sometimes ambiguous situations
• Self-driven initiative to gain and share a broader knowledge of supply chain
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.