Are you excited to be on the front-line of securing Microsoft and our customers that entrust their security to Microsoft? Are you passionate about collaborating with engineering teams to enable customers and team members to deliver reliable, high-performance solutions at scale with agility? Do you enjoy optimizing reliability, performance, efficiency, and solving complex problems with software and systems solutions?
Microsoft’s C+E Security Division builds and operates a diverse set of services across the stack from foundational “dial-tone” platforms in Azure to the systems that back offerings like Office 365 ATP and Azure IP. We work as a team across development, site reliability engineering (SRE), program management, security, and ML specialists to protect, detect and remediate adapting and evolving threats.
Speed and agility done correctly enable higher quality so anything done to ease the path to get secure, reliable, and effective features out is critical. Our mission in the C+E Security Division’s SRE team is to optimize and protect the software and systems behind our internal and customer offerings keeping an ever-watchful eye on their reliability, latency, performance, and capacity. SRE handles bulletproofing, reinforcing, ruggedizing and generally improving the quality of service and innovation-throughput of the services under our purview.
Solid candidates for this position will be people with the ability to work across diverse teams with competing priorities to establish common criteria, process, and tooling to improve service maturity in the C+E Security organization. The scope of this position is the full Azure stack from bare metal to the customer facing services and all layers in between. Great core PM skills and experiences are a must have for this position. We are particularly interested in candidates with prior Live Site, Operability, Quality of Service, and tooling experience. You must be able derive needs and requirements out of current state with an eye towards the aspirational state we are driving towards.
To be considered for this role, you must be passionate about building highly available services, possess strong collaboration skills, and be people focused. The scope is also beyond Azure and will require the successful candidate to collaborate and partner teams across C&E and Microsoft to drive instrumentation requirements and build solutions for capturing end user and system telemetry for your metrics.
At Azure, we can offer you a strong team, exciting challenges, and a fun place to work. The work environment empowers you to have a real impact on millions of end users. This is also a unique opportunity to work with world-class engineers. Apply now for this unique green field opportunity!
• Manage a portfolio of services and partner with teams of engineers to design and deliver software to improve the reliability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of your services.
• Define, design, socialize and drive adoption of common methods and tooling to automate and measure service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
• Find inefficiencies in our service management capabilities and create opportunities to drive convergence in common scenarios.
Skills & Qualifications:
• 5+ years as a Technical PM.
• Great problem solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Deep expertise in Distributed systems, DevOps, Operations, Networking, Storage, and Azure.
• Demonstrable business results from previous projects driving service reliability on large distributed systems.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with people from a variety of technical backgrounds
• Statistics experience and bias for measurement and data driven improvements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.