Are you passionate about solving large scale supply chain problems in ever changing and rapidly growing cloud computing environment? Do you want to work in a fast-paced infrastructure supply chain team driving process and modeling innovations that span the entire infrastructure planning lifecycle - capacity planning, constrained supply planning, flow path modeling, inventory management and higher order simulations for all server and components?
The world is moving to cloud computing. The Capacity Analytics and Optimization team is at the forefront of the massive growth and innovation wave and we are in the midst of managing infrastructure supply chain planning on a global scale.
We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned program manager - Supply Chain, who is passionate about driving deeply strategic and tactical supply chain plans that span the breadth of the infrastructure stack. The Sr. Program Manager - Supply Chain is a key member of the team and is well positioned for expanded responsibility. This position will play a crucial role in building systems and processes in capacity planning for cloud infrastructure. This position requires extensive cross-group collaboration and plays a crucial role in defining capacity planning, distribution planning, flow path modeling, and operations research on regional and global levels. In this highly visible role, you will identify trade-offs, work across disciplines and divisions, balance tactical and strategic initiatives, drive decisions, present to executives, work with partners, and get your hands dirty with direct operational experience.
Specifically, the Sr. Program Manager, Supply Planning has the following responsibilities:
• Serve as a supply chain SME in all aspects of distribution & capacity planning, inventory management, supply chain models, cost trade off analysis and collaborative supply chain.
• Drive system design, automation and operations excellence in capacity planning functions.
• Communicate to leadership the recommended supply plan, including its underlying assumptions and strategic basis, upside and downside risk factors, and our plans for adapting to the unpredictable.
• Execute, measure and continuously improve key end-to-end supply chain performance indicators and maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
• 10+ year’s progressive experience in various supply chain planning roles.
• A proven track record of growth and increasing responsibility, specifically in acquiring scope/leading areas in supply chain and capacity planning.
• Experience managing large financial commitments.
• Hands-on leadership experience moving fluidly from long-term strategy to day-to-day tactical implementation.
• Excellent communication, collaboration skills and outstanding systems thinking and design skills.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively manage key stakeholders, resolve problems and seek practical solutions.
• Excellent Excel skills and basic SQL skills (SQL Server preferred).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Industrial Engineering, Business or other related disciplines, Master’s preferred.
• 8+ years leading a supply planning or related data/decision sciences organization for a CE or hi-tech company .
• 5+ years’ extensive project management experience managing the implementation of a medium to large Supply Chain Systems project, including forecasting, demand planning, supply planning, purchasing / sourcing, warehousing / inventory management, transportation, distribution.
•5+ years’ experience in supply chain management and good understanding of different supply chain models and managing supply chain projects and being able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.