Organization Mission / Information:
Do you love security, and the thrill of challenging yourself with new “unknowns” every day? Do you have the “learner” mindset, are willing to un-learn old skills and learn new ones every day? Do you get excited about making an impact across the entire company through a role that provides incredible opportunities for learning and growth? Do you want to work in a fun and challenging area with passionate and creative people dedicated to improving security? If yes, this job is for you!
Information Security and Risk Management (ISRM), an organization led by Microsoft’s Chief Information Security Officer, enables Microsoft to deliver the most trusted devices and services. ISRM’s vision is to ensure all information and services are protected, secured, and available for appropriate use through innovation and a robust risk framework.
This role is a part of our Security Operations team tasked with engineering and operating controls and solutions that protect our environment and data. This role requires knowledge of Windows, Networking and Security services as well as knowing how to drive teams to solve complex business problems through technology integration. The ideal candidate should be able to deal with ambiguity, communicate effectively, and requires strong collaboration and teamwork across teams and organizational boundaries, playing a vital role in engineering services that secure Microsoft’s customer and intellectual property
- Operate enterprise-scale Data Leakage Prevention (DLP) solutions
- Perform DLP incident triage, response and remediation
- Engineer systems to collect, analyze and report DLP related metrics
- Identify and implement improvements that will streamline the service and lower operating costs
- Analyze the requirements and define appropriate rules and policies on DLP solution
- Work with service teams to understand business problems and priorities, address requirements and solve problems
- Drive teams to deliver on shared commitments
- Communicate on a deeply technical level with product engineering teams to improve the product
- Communicate deep technical issues and ideas to people with a variety of technical knowledge and skill
- Develop procedures and documentation to ensure the reliability, integrity, efficiency, and efficacy of the system
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS
- Strong knowledge of DLP technologies and information security domain
- Strong knowledge of one or more DLP solutions such as Fidelis, Symantec, Websense
- Good understanding of TCP-IP networking and network devices
- Good understanding of SQL queries and databases
- Good understanding of Active Directory
- Good knowledge in scripting such as PowerShell, Python,
- Good understanding of a cloud computing environment such as Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Exchange and SharePoint would be an advantage
- Knowledge of HIPPA, PCI and PII regulations and implications would be ideal
- Demonstrated skill in troubleshooting - ability to provide resolution and/or workarounds to complex technical problems
- Ability to think analytically and understand dependencies in connected systems
- Must have passion for solving operational problems using technology
- Ability to maintain working relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 8+ years of work experience in relevant domain
- BE/ BTech in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field or equivalent experience is preferred
Given the fast pace of change in the cloud/mobile world, you should have a proven ability, as well as a passion, for leading in an uncertain, ambiguous and fast changing environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.