Distributed ledger and blockchain technologies are revolutionary innovations that enable popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum, and have captured the attention of consumers and enterprises alike. But they’re more than just a way to create digital currencies; they offer a way for Microsoft’s customers to create disruptive business models, and truly transform their businesses. Our team focuses on blockchain and distributed ledger technologies in Azure, and works closely with customers across the globe to help them understand its potential, design strategies to make Azure the leading platform for blockchain applications, and drive improvements in the platform to make customers and partners successful. We’re recognized as an industry leader for our vision, and we work across Microsoft to design, build, and launch new technologies that build on that foundation and increase our lead in the space. We partner with product teams and partners to customize offerings for specific markets, and work closely with market leading, innovative customers that are making significant investments in blockchain applications, so they can achieve their goals. We are also a part of Azure, the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and the foundation of Microsoft’s mobile-first, cloud-first vision. Azure differentiates itself as the only hyper-scale, enterprise-grade cloud that has a true hybrid story. Customers and analysts recognize Azure’s tremendous momentum which continues month over month. To help customers achieve their goals, Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any cloud provider.
- To succeed in this role, you must be a thought leader, a driver, and help shape the direction as well as the deliverables for our blockchain strategy. More specifically: You’ll develop a deep understanding of how customers use distributed ledger technologies as well as compute, storage, database, and networking services in Azure to architect their applications.
- You’ll master working across boundaries, negotiating, and managing conflict.
- You’ll manage complex and ambiguous projects, with executive visibility and many critical dependencies.
- Drive rhythm of business activities within the team and across the org to ensure end-to-end success of expansion initiatives.
- Work with top engineers across the division to translate the overall model into releases packed with customer value.
- Drive the designs and product strategies that will become the benchmark for innovation, and establish the pattern for distributed ledger technology and services in cloud and hybrid scenarios
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- BS or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- MBA preferred but not required - 8+ years of software development or program management experience
- 4+ years of experience designing and operating services
- 4+ years’ program management, product management, consulting or engineering experience
- Demonstrated customer focus and end-to-end thinking across teams and experiences
- Highly effective communication and collaboration across teams
- Track record of high-quality, self-directed, timely execution, and attention to detail
- Technical expertise and ability to communicate, work & build trust with technical teams
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.