Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic senior program manager to join our corporate applications team. This role will lead key strategic initiatives and will be responsible for end to end ownership of a product and / or program from concept inception, delivery, and adoption. This position will interface closely with our business stakeholders, designers and software engineers to deliver innovative solutions for Blizzard. Responsibilities
- Set vision - Define the product strategy and roadmap of a suite of applications supporting the finance and / or marketing departments.
- Lead the software development lifecycle and drive the technology team on all aspects of delivery performing in a program manager, product owner, and / or project management capacity.
- Delivery and adoption - Launch products, lead organizational readiness activities, and partner with business stakeholders to drive adoption.
- Manage programs and projects - Perform project management responsibilities including milestone definition, task tracking, risk management, and status reporting.
- Provide visibility - Build relationships and communications processes for sharing progress across the company.
- Day-to-day product owner on project teams (Agile) and operational teams.
- A minimum of 4 years' as a program manager, product manager, or similar; working on software application delivery
- Experience leading large scale enterprise application projects utilizing internal and vendor resources
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience training, mentoring, and managing others
- Experience simultaneously running multiple projects through the full software development life-cycle
- Experience implementing, championing, and working with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with vendor and contract management process
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills. Comfortable giving presentations to large groups and senior management
- Self-motivated with strong initiative, ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Passion for Blizzard games
- Experience leading 3rd party software deployments supporting either finance or marketing
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Prior experience as a product owner and / or scrum master
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.