Battle.net is more than a destination, we are also a shared services organization tasked with delivering solutions and platforms that form the glue of the Blizzard Entertainment ecosystem. We are looking for a senior program manager to join our fast-paced development team and to help us design and build a premier testing platform for all of Blizzard games and infrastructure.
This position is part of the Battle.net engineering systems team. The Battle.net engineering systems team owns shaping cutting edge technologies into systems and tools that directly impact the business. We value program managers who exhibit exceptional creativity, strong communications skills, the ability to think quickly, excellent problem solving skills, and a passion for delivering amazing software and entertainment experiences.
In Battle.net, we are an integral part of every game that Blizzard makes. We provide gamers with the unified cross-game experiences that connect the Battle.net community and the platform that enables and supports Blizzard's games. Does the idea of being at the center of all Blizzard's epic entertainment experiences spark your passion and imagination? If so, we might be looking for you. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn - Understand what our customers and competitors are doing and why. Analyze performance in the marketplace for opportunities to innovate, improve customer experience and increase adoption.
- Develop vision and roadmaps - Help define clear and concise focus areas by identifying the desired business outcomes, priorities to improve and defining measurements to achieve this goal. Develop and guide the roadmap to set priorities in order to capture maximum business benefit while maintaining focus on creating the best experience for our gamers.
- Streamline processes - Identify and document best practices that our teams rely on to release with the highest quality and on schedule. Ensure the best agile practices are being applied to the software development cycle. Champion continuous improvements to maximize process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Own schedules - Develop schedules and own all commitments and operational plans. Anticipate and make tradeoffs to balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Provide visibility - Communicate project status and roadmap to varied audiences.
- Strong understanding of product and project management principles, and methodologies
- Unyielding passion for technology, gaming, and progress
- A minimum of 6 years' experience as a senior program manager, product manager, or similar function while working on widely used customer-facing products or applications
- Experience simultaneously running multiple projects through the full software development life-cycle
- Experience implementing, championing, and working with Agile development methodologies
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for collaboration
- Demonstrate ability for exceptional communications
- Proven track record of working independently
- Desire to be an expert that others can learn from
- Willingness and experience mentoring other engineers or program managers
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIAL
- Scrum alliance certifications (CSM, CSPO, CSP, etc.) or PMI certifications (PMP, ACP, etc.)
- Application programming experience
- Management or mentorship experience
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.