Battle.net is more than a destination, we are also a shared services organization tasked with delivering solutions and platforms that form the glue of the Blizzard Entertainment ecosystem. We are looking for a senior program manager to join our fast-paced development team and to help us design and build a premier data platform for Blizzard.
This position is part of the Battle.net engineering systems team. The Battle.net engineering systems team owns shaping cutting edge technologies into systems that directly impact all aspects of the business. We value program managers who exhibit exceptional creativity, strong communications skills, the ability to think quickly and decisively, excellent problem solving skills, and a passion for delivering amazing software and epic entertainment experiences.
In Battle.net, we are an integral part of every game that Blizzard makes. We provide players with the unified cross-game experiences on the global platform that enables and supports Blizzard's games. Does the idea of being at the center of all Blizzard's epic entertainment experiences spark your passion and imagination? If so, we might be looking for you. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn - Understand what our customers and competitors are doing and why. Analyze performance in the marketplace for opportunities to innovate, improve customer experience and increase adoption.
- Develop vision and roadmaps - Help define clear and concise focus areas by identifying the desired business outcomes, priorities to improve and defining measurements to achieve this goal. Develop and guide the roadmap to set priorities in order to capture maximum business benefit while maintaining focus on creating the best experience for our gamers.
- Continuous improvement - Identify best practices that our teams rely on to release with the highest quality and on schedule. Ensure the best agile practices are being applied to the software development cycle. Champion continuous improvements to maximize process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage expectations - Anticipate and make tradeoffs to balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Provide visibility - Communicate status and roadmap to varied audiences.
- Strong understanding of product management and development
- A minimum of 6 years' experience as a senior program manager, product manager, or similar function while working on widely used customer-facing products or applications
- Experience simultaneously leading multiple projects through the full software development life-cycle
- Experience developing product strategy, assessing customer needs, and defining value props
- Experience coaching, championing, and working with Agile development methodologies
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Willingness and experience mentoring other engineers or program managers
- Experience working with data products and data analytics technologies
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIAL
- Data analysis or data science experience, including knowledge of machine learning and data modeling
- MDM, metadata management, or data governance experience
- Experience in customer onboarding, including technical education and training programs
- Experience with productizing platforms and developing ecosystems
- Experience defining and tracking product KPIs
- Scrum alliance certifications (CSM, CSPO, CSP, etc.)
- Application programming experience
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.